February 03, 2012

TGIF at GReads! #2: Book Appeal




This Friday's Question:

Book Appeal: When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

I've said this only millions of times: I'm a shallow person and like to judge a book by it's cover. And I've mentioned this million times, because I've been proven wrong only million times..!

So it's a good thing that besides the cover, I usually check out the synopsis too. That's how I've found many good books with not-so-great covers.

When it comes to Goodreads, overall rating counts the highest. If the overall rating is around or over 4, I know I have to check the book out!
I also like to read good and bad reviews about the book. Because even if it's a bad review, it gives information. Maybe someone didn't like the book because it's a twisted story about parrots. But I might be a huge parrot lover and want to read that book right away!
Though I don't have twisted relationship with parrots, I think they're just birds. Sorry, parrots.

5 kommenttia :

Lady Jaye Gh said...

Your post made me laugh :) On Goodreads,,, I also look at the average rating first.

Monaliz said...

Poor humor, I know, but glad someone likes! :))

Alexa (Alexa Loves Books) said...

Your three points - definitely. I'm a cover/title girl. Then I'll look at the synopsis and from there, I usually get a good idea if I'd like a book or not. I rarely ever get to check Goodreads ratings.

Yahong Chi said...

Oh, totally -- when the rating is >4, I definitely check the book out. But don't worry -- I didn't think you had a twisted relationship with parrots to begin with, so you're safe. ;)

I hope you'll drop by and enter my giveaway to win one of three ARCs! :)

Monaliz said...

Good to know ;D Now I don't have to worry anymore!
And definitely will enter the giveaway :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz