February 17, 2012

TGIF at GReads! #4: Book Blogger Pride


Another TGIF at GReads!


This Friday's Question:

Book Blogger Pride: What do you take pride in when it comes to blogging?




Overall, I take pride in everything when it comes to blogging! So it's really hard to specify areas, but guess I can give it a try!

I still suffer a little from that new blogger's syndrome, meaning I doubt myself, a lot.
But little by little I've learned to take pride in any post I make. Especially when it's a review.

Last weekend a new friend of mine told that she would never be able to write a review, no matter how much she would love to do it. Guess that opened my eyes a little, since I've kind of take it for granted and thought that every person in the planet can do it.
This gave me some perspective and made me appreciate my abilities more.


Connecting with authors is something I'm so, so proud of. As I've mentioned earlier, it makes me feel really warm and fuzzy when I'm contacted by an author.

When I got my first ARCs, I nearly cried 'cause I was so happy and proud and and.. Then there was one person who laughed at me and pointed her finger. She told me this "whole thing" was just so ridiculous. That made me feel down and unappreciated, but luckily I was able to realize that there's something wrong with that person laughing at me, not with me and/or my work.


I also get that warm and fuzzy feeling when I have a new follower! There would be really no point in this thing, if there were no readers, so any comment or a new follower I take pride in.

My husband is losing his mind, because every day I tell him if there's new followers or amazing comments or or or :D So if I haven't emphasize this enough, every new follower and every comment is hugely appreciated and reminds me why I love to do this blog :)

When ever I feel like I have no energy for this thing, I remind myself how good it feels to get comments and communicate with the whole book blogging community :)



11 kommenttia :

Lady Jaye Gh said...

Comments and arcs do make it all worthwhile :D

Tanya Patrice said...

I think your blog is gorgeous and the pride you take in it really shows. And as for the person who laughed - any person who laughs at something I consider important to me is not worth having around - my 2 cents!

Alexa (Alexa Loves Books) said...

I believe that you should be proud that you make an effort to post reviews and blog! It's actually more work than one would expect, and each and every book blogger deserves to be recognized for putting energy into their blogs.

Christine Black said...

I know exactly what you mean, so I've awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Please check it out here: http://thegothicballerina.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-happens-when-you-get-blog-award.html

FABR Steph said...

That is so funny! I think we all have some of these things in common. I have to catch myself from going overboard with all the book and blog talk with my friends and family. I just love it so much that I want to talk about it.
-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

Mthayer85 said...

Comments and followers are so exciting. I'm sure my boyfriend is tired of hearing when I get an awesome comment or a new follower, haha. I tagged you in book post on my blog, just for fun. http://midnight-orchid.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-book-tagged.html

Monaliz said...

They definitely are positive things :)

Monaliz said...

You're the sweetest, thank you! :)
And yeah, you're right, no person pointing finger, laughing and snorting are worth having around. :/

Monaliz said...

You're the cutest! :) Thanks!

Monaliz said...

I'm going overboard all the time, unfortunately :D Though I admit that after being laughed at I tried to tone it down a little, but luckily I have such a good friends that they get my enthusiasm :)

Monaliz said...

Thank you so much! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz