April 13, 2012

TGIF at GReads! #6: Musical Stories


Another TGIF at GReads!


This Friday's Question:

Musical Stories: If you could read a book about any song, which song would you love to see written down in story form?



There's so many songs I would love to see written down! But there's currently few bands that I really adore, especially the lyrics.
I really want to start writing when ever I listen any of these following songs!






Florence and the Machine - Cosmic Love A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes
I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then, it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart


..and some Opeth (lyrics here)


..aaand some Von Hertzen Brothers! (lyrics here)


Perhaps some heartbreaking lovestories ;)

6 kommenttia :

Fran Coleman said...

You picked a few gr8 tunes.
I only heard the one by FLO&The Machines, so the others were new to me.
How are you liking Blood Promise so far? I love the Vamp Acad series.
My TGIF

Carissa Taylor said...

I love Florence! I very nearly picked "Heavy in Your Arms" for my pick this week! I will definitely have to check out those other songs - thanks for the recommendation!

New follower, BTW!

Monaliz said...

I had some really hard time with the first half of the book! :/ But now there's finally something happening, but what I think so far is that Blood Promise doesn't really work for me :/

Suzanne said...

Those are great picks! If you love Florence, you should check out Eisley and Frou-Frou... I think we have similar taste in music.
Thanks for following, I am now following you! :)
<3, Suzanne @ YA Nation

Monaliz said...

Thanks for stopping by, I will definitely check out those songs! :)

Monaliz said...

Just realized I've actually listened one song sang by Frou Frou ;D http://youtu.be/2iHFnjfsyVE

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz