May 09, 2012

Chit•Chat with Patricia (Book Exhibitionism)














Welcome to my new feature called


Chit•Chat!


What is Chit•Chat?

Well, it's me interviewing some fellow bloggers! :)

If you'd like to know more or like to participate,
just go here!



I'm so happy to introduce my first guest, Patricia from Book Exhibitionism!
I love her snarky reviews and hope you'll love them too.

Click here to visit her blog!
And now, let the grilling begin! ;)



Tell us who you are!

My name is Patricia, I'm a 19 yrs old German bookblogger. I've been stuck at home for the last 2-3 years now because of my health (insert melodramatic coughing and moaning in pain) and that's actually also the reason why I read as much as I do: I have the time and it helps me a lot. :)

I also don't love cookies.


How long have you been blogging? When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I've started bookblogging in February/March 2011, though back then in German. As for the Why. Well, I've been blogging for years, but never only about one topic.

Then I realized how big a part of my life books became and it felt natural to talk about them. I wanted to share my opinions and question them, get them questioned. I also wanted to have something like a reading diary, you know? A place where all of my reviews would go.

In May or so I realized that blogging in German wasn't nearly as satisfactory as I had hoped, so I switched to blogging in English, got my own webspace and domain and the rest is history.


Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?

Talking books is the best thing ever. I don't think I'll have to explain that to you, though. ;)

Not so cool.. Captchas, Copypaste-comments and when people don't read posts but leave comments anyway that contradict everything that has been said in mentioned post.
(I read a comment a few weeks ago that cracked me up. Below a rant.. And the comment said "I totally agree, I loved that book!!" - I suppose the commenter only looked at the two gifs, both of which made it seem as if the reviewer liked the novel.)

If you want more followers or higher stats in general, well, you'll have to work for it.


If you could be any book heroine, who would you be and why?

I wouldn't want to be someone else, though I would like to live in Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling world.

Which four books are at the top of your TBR pile?

I have no TBR hierarchy, sorry. ;D

Who is your favourite literary villain and why?

I have dozens. There is a funny story here, actually: I loved Ken from Digimon Adventures Two. I always liked the evil guys. But when he became the tortured "Woe is me" dude I fell out of love.
I was around 7 yrs old at the time, and think it's sort of silly to see how strong my opinions about tv shows and characters were then, and how easy it was for me to admit that, considering how hard it became when I grew older.

I also like Algaliarept, a millenia old demon from Kim Harrison's Hollows series. He is sophisticated, and in a very twisted way, honest.

Hannibal Lecter simply rocks, though I'll be honest and admit that I haven't read the books out of fear that they'd creep me out too much.

The thing is, I want my villains to be highly intelligent. Considering all the villains I liked so far, they have that in common. They are sophisticated, probably educated, clever. They are very true to their nature, they are honest when it comes to that, too. Yes, they might manipulate people, but they won't pretend they don't.


Vampire, werewolf, or something else?

Shapeshifter. But not just lupine or feline. I want to be able to shift into anything. :D

What is your favourite movie adaptation of a book? Or if there's none, what book would you love to see turn into a movie?

None. God, I hate movie adaptions. Okay, no, I don't hate them, but books, music and movies.. They all tell a story, but differently. They have a format and trying to translate a song into a book is just as hard as trying to make a movie based on a novel. Stuff will be added, other things will get lost. I wish I could take movies just for what they are, but I really can't.

What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read? What is your favorite scene in the book and why do you love it?

Oooh. Hard one! I suppose I'm not allowed to say Harry Potter? Well, then.. Probably something by Kelley Armstrong or Nalini Singh?
I love those two ladies.

I also loved the Windflower by Sharon Kurtis. That book cracked me up. The heroine tried to run away with another guy and he gets eaten by a crocodile!

Also just finished A Week To Be Wicked by Tessa Dare. If someone wanted a Historicals recommendation.. Those two are the first that come to mind. In A Week To Be Wicked the hero always made up stories while he and the heroine travelled to Scotland, those were hilarious.
But despite those funny parts, the book still managed to be deep and complex. There was one scene, and mind you, I've been waiting for such a scene for more than 7 months now, in which the two of them are someplace, and there are lots of other people, but he cuddles her to him and says that she should just rest a little.. And it's so sweet, and comforting, because she really relaxes and feels safe. There's nothing sexual about it, but it was so intimate. LOVED that scene.

In Bitten by Kelley Armstrong Elena, Clay, Karl and another werewolf are at the police department and Clay is behind this one-way-mirror, so he can't really see them. Elena is alone with the other two werewolves and they are sort of the bad guys. One of them tries to intimidate her (douchebag) and she goes to the mirror and looks at Clay, he walks to it and places his hand exactly where hers is. Even though he can't see through that freaking mirror. And it spoke volumes. Also.. That was totally one book.


What movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit?

Over the last few months I actually learned how to admit to my guilty pleasures, so there isn't much I could say here. *shrugs* And the things I am embarrassed about.. Well, they are so embarrassing that I won't name them. *grin*

A few months ago I'd probably have named Paranormal Romance novels. They were my junk and I felt weird reading them..
But nowadays and mostly because of blogging I realized that they are.. well, they are good. There is lots of good things in them, things I can carry away from then, lessons I have learned. What's there to be ashamed of?


If you could be one of the Greek Gods, which would it be and why?

Oh no! I don't want to be any of them! I read the Illiad and other such works in Latin and later just for fun and research. I love them, but they are full of incest, cannibalism, rape, betrayel and revenge. Do I really want to be a powerhungry douchebag who is the child of a rapist and his daughter? Yeah..

BUT I can relate to Persephone, so I'd probably be her.. Hades is one hot dude, too, and I think there's lots to him people don't see. (You know, because he's a real person and all..)


One food you would never eat?

Human? Though I'm not sure. Maybe I would eat human..

Describe your most embarrassing moment.

I almost send this email with the initial story, which was about my biology-teacher, the new girlfriend of my then-ex and me being called something close to Pussy by said biology teacher in front of her and all of her friends. (It's an inside joke between him, me, and some other classmates)

But that's too embarrassing, right? ;P


Tell us 5 random, non-bookish things about yourself!

  • I've been diagnosed with burn out. (When I was 17. It still cracks me up.)
  • I'm in an on-off-relationship with vegetarism. (I do eat meat, but only if it's from humans. Obviously.)
  • I love forearms. Seriously. (Look at Timothy Olyphants forearms in any of his movies and shows.)
  • I want to go to a slutwalk.
  • I know how to say "Do you want to pee with me?" in Vietnamese.


Favorite place?

With my mom.

Best present ever?

I have no clue.

Favorite Book?

Right now.. The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Favorite author?

Plural, please? Kelley Armstrong, Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook, Kim Harrison, Julie James.. Dozens.

Favorite smell?

I have a new soap (actually also shampoo) and it smells like lemon cake. This is just absolutely amazing!

Nickname?

Erbse. Which means "pea". Maybe I was green and round when I was a baby?

Favorite movie?

The Silence of the Lambs was very impressive. Serenity killed me. I love the Doctor Who Christmas Specials and I consider every Season of Sherlock a movie, so those, too.

Favorite color?

A mixture of green and yellow.

Favorite quote?

Either

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
- Anais Nin


or

"Dear diary... A chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever."


because both of them are so very accurate.


Favorite ice cream flavor?

Again, I haven't got the faintest.

I hope I'm allowed to do some self-promotion while I'm here: Every (sort of meaningful) comment on this interview counts as an entry for the Giveaway I'm hosting right now over at BookExhibitionism. The more followers BE gains in this time, the more books I'm going to give away, so maybe check it out while you are still young and fresh. (Or not so much)

Sorry for any mistakes I made, my only excuse is that I am still on painmeds after an evil dentist cut me open and all. *grin*

Satu, thank you very much for having me, and also for not throwing up in my face when you read the questions I had in mind for your interview over at my blog. (Wow, I'm good with the self promo today)


Did I mention the word "interrogation" earlier..? I may have got little excited about this! So again, thanks to Patricia for putting up with my questions! :)

And I love your nickname! I was basically called "troll" when I was a baby, because I was all hairy and stuff.
So I'd definitely prefer being pea, or even a green mini-shrekbaby over hairy troll! ;D

Oh, and I'll come for you if I ever need to learn Vietnamese and if I'm afraid it'll get too lonely to pee alone!



29 kommenttia :

Birgit Lehner said...

Why hello Patricia! Or should I call you Erbse from now on? And ohhh the things to be learned ... who knew you were a vegetarian cannibal? Or that you're semi-fluent in Vietnamese? You are one unique character, my dear! ;-)

Patricia said...

Oh God! Now that I'm reading all my answers again I can really see the "I was on painmeds" thing! Hahaha.

Thank you so much for having me! Already curious about the other interviews!

XO

Patricia said...

That sentence is probably the ONLY thing I can say in Vietnamese, though. And bird. Which also means penis.. o.ô Wait.. Why are THOSE the words I remember? >_< Bwaha.

Noo, my family calls me that too much as it is! XD I'm Patricia! Even though I don't really like that name either.. It's better than being a green, small.. ball.

kimba88 said...

Totally agree with your opinion of book to movie adaptations..you stated it perfectly. I know exactly what you mean about comments...i think some people skim them..but I also realize they are trying to support me..and as long as I don't see a pattern i don't get too miffed! hehehe. Captchas stinks..i could comment on so many more wonderful sites in the limited time I have if they would simply remove it. This was a great interview and I loved the questions in your chit-chat and I am still scratching my head about the forearm thing..lol

oscura.renegada said...

The heck, that's really an interrogation! I was thinking about maybe signing up for this, but you kinda scared me off. At least for now. x)
Now, Patricia, you are the worst thing that crossed my path since I started blogging. This is a freaking interview that was supposed to tell me somthing about you - which it did, but that's not the point right now - and I ended up putting books onto my TBR! You know you have no right to do this to me, but then you go and pick those kind of scenes to describe! Go where the pepper grows, girl! *fumes grinning* As a little act of vengeance, I'll be calling you Erbse from now on! HA!
Ok, ok, I know, enough of me ranting at you. Thanks for participating, thanks for sharing, and I'll see you around at your lovely blog! :* :*

Me said...

Ooh, I love interviews like this! Brilliant! And there I was, thinking I know quite a bit about you already - and there you go splattering all my thoughts XD Not fair!
Erbse is really a v v cute name, though I doubt that you ever were little and cu..erm green :-p
That reminds me, I was planning on reading Kate's #3, think I'll go and read that now. AND I also meant to read Hannibal years ago, think I will put that further onto the top pf my TBR-pile (en contraire to you, I do like being scared shitless - at least with books XD)

Aleksandra said...

Great interview! And you always make me laugh Patricia :) Loved your answers and great taste in movies/tv. I didn't know you watch Doctor Who, so I learned something new ;)

miki said...

funny interview and now at least i know your favorite colors since the time i asked ^^;;

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

I borrowed all the Hannibal Lecter books from my brother but haven't found the time to read them. I plan to someday! haha I've gotten a comment that didn't match my post at all before too! On a review I was saying I didn't like the book and the person responded like I liked the book LOL And always admit to your guilty pleasures! Everyone has them and those that don't admit to it are just lying! You don't love cookies?! Do yo like cake? Oh and if I'm about to die I'll eat human. Although I have been a vegetarian for 11 of 12 some odd years if I was in a life or death situation I would eat anything.

Leah said...

Okay, so both of you rock. Awesome question (ohhh gosh, can I just say the Greek gods question made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside), fantastic replies! :) Yay.

It's so easy to tell when a commenter hasn't read a post. Lol, on a similar vein, I posted a review on goodreads and I really wasn't impressed by the book at all - and made it VERY clear. An hour or two later I received a notification saying the author liked it. ...??

Forearms = ♥ YES.

Ha! There's a health food store a street away from me and they have ~natural~ soaps and shampoos. My boyfriend and I bought some and the soap. smells. incredible. lol the first few days we had it I would randomly smell my arms.

Doctor Who & Sherlock? Patricia, you're my new BFF.

Patricia said...

I don't think people who leave comments want to support you all the time. Most just want you to stop by and follow in return. That's not necessarily support, is it? :/

But there are those who really want to support you and simply don't find the time, so there I don't have that big a problem. Sometimes they simply misunderstand, too, so there is that. ;D

Forearms! Oh God! It started in High School. I always associate forearms with hot sex. I have NO idea why. >_< It's horrible!

Patricia said...

But you should! Satu/Monaliz rocks!! : D

Hahahaha, I'll take that as a compliment, okay? ;D When I got all the email-notifications saying you added a book I recommended and then saw your comment here, I actually laughed my ass off. XD

Thank you for hopping over, leaving such a lovely (ranty) comment and damn, you still haven't replied on Skype! :< ;)

Patricia said...

Just looked at baby pictures of mine (Apparently I didn't burn all of them, erm, I mean, apparently not all of them tragically disappeared) and: Indeed, I was a fat, ugly baby. And green, too.

Oh God. I wish I could read scary books, but I think they'd scare the crap out of me!

Patricia said...

Doctor Who! <3 I still have tears in my eyes everytime I think about Rose. ;_; Damn it.

Thank you for hopping over! <3

Patricia said...

OMG. I feel so horrible right now! Yes.. but I did reply to your chocolate-question, right? No? Oh God..

Patricia said...

You should read the Hannibal Lecter books while you are dying/eating human. It would make it all so much more real and relatable, I think. *makes stupid face at herself because she has no idea where THAT came from*

I think everyone might write a not so matching comment - I did that when I hopped around, read a post, and accidently replied to that post on a completely different site (that was soo embarassing!) but I think especially below.. let's say Giveaway posts and such it's a little.. suspicious. ;D

Incredible! How old were you, and why did you decide to stop eating meat? (Vegetarian or Vegan?) *starts to interrogate other people*

I do LOVE cake. Cookies, though.. Not so much. :'D

Patricia said...

Maybe the author was like "Now you'll have a bad conscience for being so nasty!" (because not enjoying a novel is being nasty, you know.) or "Thank you for reading my book, even if you didn't enjoy it." ? Hmmmmm.

Hah! Forearms! Finally someone else who appreciates them! ♥___♥

Oh God, I'm so excited/jealous right now. *makes crazyface* XD

Reminds me of Superwholock! YAY, BFF! *makes typical Facebook BFF face* ;*

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

I've accidentally left the wrong meme links. Also sometimes the comment doesn't go through so I copy it, refresh and try again, but then I forget I had copied it and I paste it into another comment box thinking I have my meme link copied so I did post the completely wrong comment but I erased it quickly! That's when I realize I need a nap or something. I became a full vegetarian at 15 for a new years resolution. It started slow where I was barely eating any meat for awhile so I just made the resolution to quick completely. I'm not vegan though. I would love to be but I"m way too weak. It's super hard. Maybe if I was rich and had a personal chef but trying to cook without ever using butter, eggs, or milk is next to impossible. I have mad respect for vegans. Cake is yummy and I love brownies too. I like cookies but they have to be fresh and super soft. I hate hard cookies.

Jenelle Riane said...

Lol, I should have known that any interview involving Patricia would be hilarious! "...powerhungry douchebag who is the child of a rapist and his daughter..."- that totally made me crack up! :D And that diary quote too!

And how do you say "pee with me" in Vietnamese? The place where I'm living right now while I'm on vacation has a lot of Vietnamese people... Imagine their faces if I just walk up to them and ask them to pee with me! XD

oscura.renegada said...

Yeah, take it that way. Geez... at least you think this is funny :P
Still not? something's wrong with the software then. We have to make an exact date and then try to get it working. I'll e-mail you!

Patricia said...

He would probably also be the LOVEchild of mentioned rapist and his daughter. Greeks and their stories, I tell you.

I'm not sure how to explain how to pronounce it. It's Di Dai Nao if I recall correctly. Though it depends on how you write it (my keyboard here won't allow me to write the Vietnamese letters). But.. I think in English you'd say Deee Dai (long a like in ah) Nao (again long a).

But my Vietnamese sucks. So it might also mean something wayyy different. o_ô

Patricia said...

Haha, because it is! ;P

Yes, do that! : D

Patricia said...

Wow, that's impressive! I tried to become a vegetarian when I was 15, too, but never really managed that. I haven't eaten several types of meat since I was 9, but chicken.. too hard. I didn't eat any meat last year, but have to because of some meds this year again. I try to eat as little as possible, though. *sigh* Yeah, vegan is expensive! At least if you want to be healthy, too.

Oooh, yes, I think soft cookies are actually yummy. :D

Monaliz said...

I spent 5 years only eating chicken, but when I got pregnant, my baby wanted meat :B I mean, all I could eat for few months was sausages and blood sausages. And some spinach soup and green apples. Oh, the happy days..
Nowadays I mostly eat meat fresh from the forests near by :)

Monaliz said...

Oh, you definitely need to sign up :D Patricia was a "special case" ;D I won't be so hard on you, I swear :D

Monaliz said...

It was a hilarious pleasure to have you <3 :D
Been down with a stomach bug, so managed to read all the comments just now! And man, there's a lot of them :D

Christina Franke said...

I totally want to be a shapeshifter. I've always loved animals and I desperately wanted to be an Animorph when I was younger. Then in Harry Potter, I learned about Animagus, and I wanted to be one of those, only a super talented one who could be ANYTHING. Yeah, I may or may not have daydreamed that ENDLESSLY. I totally don't anymore. <_< >_>

I, too, am skeptical about movie adaptations of books, although a couple of them are among my favorite films. Some have been completely messed up imo (like HP).

Patricia said...

Sorry that I only replied now! I suck. Argh. Oh yeah, Harry Potter is one of the reasons why I think shapeshifting rocks- Still, the world is too limited. I want to shapeshift into anything. LOL *can't get enough*

I thought the first HP movie was actually okay, though I'll have to admit that I was probably 7 years old when it came out and thought everything was at least okay, but everything after that.. :(

Cordelia Fitzgerald said...

Gosh, I also dislike movie adaptions of great book. The acting always seems forced!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz