October 15, 2012

Ties to the Blood Moon by Robin P. Waldrop


Ties to the Blood Moon
by Robin P. Waldrop


Published: November 1st 2011
Format: Ebook
Pages: 152
Source: From author for review
Amazon |
Book Depository

Genevieve is a teenage girl who moves in with her aunt in Alaska after the death of her mother.

Soon after her arrival she learns the things she was raised to believe only existed in fairytales are in fact a big part of her history.

When it gets to be too much she seeks refuge in the arms of her new boyfriend, William, only to find out he's not who she thought he was either.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Genevieve's mother has just passed away, so she's forced to move in with her aunt, who lives in Alaska. There she's surrounded with eskimos. Plus one guy he instantly falls in love with. His name is William, and before you can say a cat, they're kind of dating or something. And of course there's this eskimo guy, who is a werewolf guy, and so on.

Sorry for the not-so-great introduction, but I just couldn't do it. There was so much similarities with Twilight, I just couldn't take it. Yeah, Twilight rocks, and other authors seem to know it too, since there's so, so, so many books trying to be the new Twilight. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. And you guess correct, this time it didn't work for me.

Usually great main character saves a lot, but in this case, I had huge problems with Genevieve. I actually made notes and there's few "Why is she being such a brat?!" and "Why is she whining nonstop??", because she was just so irritating! And she had absolutely no manners! Your aunt takes you to live with her, and you just complain and whine, and not really about your mothers death, but your aunt being too overprotective and suffocating you? Seriously.
She's also really aggressive, and yeah, I know there's some changes going on with her (more than just normal puberty), but it's still pretty rude to shove people around. Don't like.


“Who? Those creeps right there?”
I nodded toward the three approaching boys. “Let’s just say I hope everyone isn’t as unwelcoming as they are.”

My eyes followed them as they walked by. When they glanced my way, I narrowed my eyes at the one who’d been so rude.
He halfway smiled, and then out of nowhere wrapped his forearm around Luna’s head and gave her a noogie.

“Leave her alone, you cretin,” I yelled, and shoved him backward so hard he slammed into the wall on the other side of the hall.

If there was one thing I had no patience for, it was a bully.


Now who's a bully? I really had high expactations, but unfortunately I wasn't able to enjoy this all that much.






2 kommenttia :

Mel @thedailyprophecy said...

I liked the blurb, because of the whole fairytale happening. But a book that is too much like Twilight? Oh no, not for me. Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts and I will stay away from this one.

Monaliz said...

 Yeah, the fairytale- thing was the main reason why I was so excited to read this. But the fairytale turned out to be Twilight, so mainly just werewolves and vampires :/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz