February 05, 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Unravel Me
by Tahereh Mafi


Published: TODAY!
(Feb 5th 2013)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: Paperback
Pages: 465
Series: Shatter Me #2
Source: Received for review
Amazon |
Book Depository

tick, tick, tick, tick, tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her — people with gifts — and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Probably the best day of this year so far was when I received ARC of Unravel Me! Of course I wanted to read it right away, and was glued to the book until the last page and I had to throw the book to the wall because it ended and needed to be punished for that. Okay, I know I should probably hug awesome books, but.. it's always so sad when a great book ends!

Back to the business! Remember how Shatter Me ended? Juliette and Adam finally got to safehaven underground and finally everything's gonna be alright! Juliette seems even happy!
But nono, that can't go on. Juliette doesn't fit in, since nowadays everyone knows her secrets and about her abilities. So even though she's among "her people", they're acting like "normal" people and think Juliette's too dangerous, surprise.
So there's only Adam for Juliette, but there's these insane rules about girls and boys living apart and then things get complicated and everything isn't so happyhappyjoyjoy. And eventually Warner shows up again!



Juliette is moody, wallowing, just throwing the pity party, and I'm loving it! She's throwing some crazy temper tantrums, too, and man.. Is there something wrong with me, because I think her temper tantrums are just awesome and would love to see them more? Probably.

The situation with Adam and Warner is also kinda crazy. In the first book it was pretty obvious who Juliette was going to end up with, but now.. I'm so confused!! I am just so in love with the psycho-Warner, and just want to see him happy! And I want to kick Juliette's butt for not choosing Warner right this second!
And no, I don't think they should be together so Juliette could change him, but they should be together because Warner isn't trying to change Juliette. Like in Bridget Jones, he likes her just the way she is. Yup, been thinking about this!

I haven't read Destroy Me yet *gasp*, so Warner's father was a completely new character to me. Definitely not a fan, and if you happened to notice my GR update I made while reading this, you know I was very, very happy when he got shot. To both legs. I'm not sadistic or anything, but some people just deserve it.
Warner's father also brings a little twist to the story, and when it was revealed, I was all "Of course!, why didn't I see that coming, that was like so obvious!", but still was a great twist.

What I didn't like? There wasn't much really. At some point I just got the feeling Juliette should do something else than just mope, but then again I sometimes wished she would mope even more, so what do I know!
I just wish things worked out better for Warner, and I don't always appreciate how Juliette treats him. Warner rocks, so.. please don't hurt him!
And sorry, I know this is going to be long, but.. I can't help myself!!

There was so many sweet moments with this book, but the absolute heaven for me was pages 392-405. I would love to quote all those pages, but I guess I should stick with something smaller. At least I try to keep it small.. ish.

Did you already notice there isn't any names mentioned? If you're curious, and just dying to know who is "he", click the next image. It's a spoiler, so.. Be careful! This also was a scene that made me hate Juliette for a while.
I so want to spoil this whole thing, but aaargh!, I can't! There was so many great mind blowing scenes, and I just want to spoil it all. Oh the agony.


My thanks to HarperCollins and Christine for sending me the review copy!






0 kommenttia :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz