August 27, 2011

On My Wishlist #1



Yet another meme I found, through The Bookish Brunette, hosted by Book Chick City!







hex hall



Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
From Goodreads:

Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.
By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.

As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.



if i stay



If I Stay by Gayle Forman
From Goodreads:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make -and the ultimate choice Mia commands.


7 kommenttia :

Safari Poet said...

Both are both I thought everybody, but me had already read. Finger crossed with like them :-)

On My Wishlist

Grace Fonseca said...

Thats a very good choice. Have hex hall, but haven't read it. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

Tia said...

I love Hex Hall great choice!

On My Wishlist

pussreboots said...

I hope you get your choices. This week I'm wishing for a new book by Sarah Weeks. Please come see what it is.

Monaliz said...

I've heard good things about Hex Hall, need to buy it soon!

Book Chick City said...

Welcome to OMW! Thanks for joining in, I hope you have fun! Laura (BCC) really liked this book, so I hope you get a copy soon :)

Monaliz said...

Me too :) And thanks for the comment :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz