August 18, 2011

The Time Will Come #2

In with this again! And, again, there's the same rules, and the idea belongs to Books for Company, again!

The Rules
* Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
* Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
* Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.



Here I go again, and the book is...


Lucian by Isabel Abedi




It feels like …

… a tear, a tiny tear deep inside Rebecca as if someone had pulled out a hair with tweezers. What remains is a strange sensation of emptiness and fear. But then Lucian appears out of nowhere. A boy without a past, someone who cannot remember who he is or where he came from. Yet Lucian gives Rebecca the feeling of not being lonely any more.

“Are you following me?” The boy examined me with his eyes.
“No.“ I glared at him. “No! Who are you anyway?”
Again the boy did not answer; this time he looked unsure of himself.
“Tell me, will you,“ I demanded. “What’s your name?”
The boy lowered his head. “You tell me.”
“Tell you what?“ I took a step back. “My name?“
“No.
My name.“

A young girl falls in love with a young man, who looks to be homeless, but who turns out to be her guardian angel (except he doesn’t know it due to amnesia). The only thing they know for certain is that every dream Lucian has about Rebecca, comes true. And Lucian has just dreamt that Rebecca is
going to die.

Here you can download sample


I borrowed this book from library and started to read this at one point. I borrowed Finnish translation, and oh the language. There's just something wrong, when German is translated into Finnish. It's not fluent and usually it kills my joy to read in the beginning. I guess I should buy English version, 'cause I really liked what I read in the sample I downloaded. Or I just read the book in Finnish, and then decide, if it's good enough for buying. Don't know yet, we'll see :)


Edit. Need to add some edit in here, since I continued reading this book yesterday after work, and gotta say.. The first 20 or so pages are slow, but after I got through that, man it's good! Now I'm on page 190, only ~380 pages to go!


4 kommenttia :

carole said...

I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds very interesting. Guardian angel books may be my weakness.

Monaliz said...

Yeah, my weakness too :D

BooksforCompany said...

Glad your reading it and enjoying it!
Haven't heard of this book before.

Monaliz said...

Me neither, found it in our library and sounded interesting enough. And wasn't disappointed! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz