July 12, 2012

Chit•Chat with Caro (The Book Rogue)














Welcome to my new feature called


Chit•Chat!


What is Chit•Chat?

Well, it's me interviewing some fellow bloggers! :)

If you'd like to know more or like to participate,
JUST CLICK HERE!




It's time for another guest, so welcome, Caro!

Click here to visit her blog!



Tell us who you are!

I'm Carolin [plz don't address me with my full given name, ever], a 22 year old book blogger from Germany. Currently still in college, wanting to become a literature translator. We'll see how that goes, but I hope that one day my name will be on books - altough maybe only on the inside. ;)

How long have you been blogging? When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I started blogging at the begining of the year (2012), due to the simple fact that I was reading in English and a lot YA, and had just no one to talk to about it.
Well, I kinda wanted to try out blogging anyway, but it would've never ever worked as some kind of diary. So I needed a topic, and on Christmas 2011 frustration about non-comunication got to me, so I started my own book blog.
And since I feel a lot more comfortable with the English language, that's what I chose (you can reach more ppl, too!) to blog in.


Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?

Finding an endless flow of new titles I wanna read. That's as awesome as it is frustrating. x)
Another favorite is getting to know a lot of new people, especially with the same interests. Then meeting authors, maybe getting in touch with publishers over the years. That can only help my cause, right?
Last of the least favorite things: thoughtless comments, either because they have nothing to do with the post, or because they're just copy-pasted for... I don't even know why ppl do that!


Who is your favorite and least favorite literary villain and protagonist, and why?

Fave Male Protagonist: This isn't easy, really not easy. But I'll be going with Zachariah from Raine Thomas's Firstborn trilogy until further notice. His persoanlity is just so... wow, so is his life's story. Worst Male Protagonist: Edward from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer [although I am being a little influenced by Robert Pattinson here], Damen from The Immortals by Alyson Noel, and I am betting on Daniel from the Fallen series by Lauren Kate although I only read the first installment so far. You could say they share rank 3, coz it's the same cookie-cutter approach for all of them.

Fave Female Protagonist: Suzume/Rin/Yue [yes, her name changes like that] from Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott. You know Memoirs of a Geisha? This is like the YA-mystical version of it. Absolutely loved it, and simply the changes she went through, what symbolizes her name... She's my fave up til now. Worst Female Protagonist: You don't want me going into that... There's just so many heroines lacking depth despite having installment over installment to develop a unique personality, but simply don't. So yeah, not going there, I am sure you'll come up with enough yourself.

Fave Male Villain: Jonathan Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I think it's so awesome that he actually makes sense in his own twisted way, and look so good doing it. I'm sure there are more like him, maybe even better, but I can't think of anyone right now. Worst Male Villain: Nicholas from the Chronicles of Blood and Stone tilogy by Robert Newcomb. Just too creepy for comfort, and... I don't know, just no.

Fave Female Villain: Huan/Hrun from the Age of the Five triloy by Trudi Canavan. She was THE vicious goddess through and through, you might only argue the point that there was no real jealousy mixed into her hatred for the female protagonist, which does strike one as a little odd since Huan is the goddess of love/fertility after all.
Worst Female Villain: Stacia from The Immortals by Alyson Noel. She's just so... stereotypical jealous because the good-hearted, non-cheerleading girl gets the hot guy instead of her. Right now, I can't think of any more characters like her, but I am sure there are more. So feel free to fill in some blanks for me.


Vampire, werewolf, or something else?

a Minion of Day and Knight [really badass bat-winged warriors, created by Robert Newcomb], but a werewolf would also be nice, as long as I actually get a fluffy fur coat [not those versions from Harry Potter or Underworld, urghs]

If you could be any book heroine, who would you be and why?

I'd be Bella so I could tell Jake to kick Edward's butt into next week before settling in with Emily and the pack.
Just kidding! Well, maybe not so much, but Bella is definitively not the first pick. Really, I'd want to be Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. She's simply my ideal female character, in all aspects like I would conjure up my heroine to be. Of course there are also a couple of others I'd like to slip into, just to test the powers, the boundaries... but I guess we all kind of feel this way, right?


What movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit? Spill!

Hmm... Personally, I'm not really embarrassed about it, but I guess most ppl would be, so I'm saying the 2004 Cinderella Story starring Hilary Duff. This is probably the most girlish thing about me, and I think it's the most pink I own. Other than that, most people consider it embarrassing to watch anime at my age, but I do so and I enjoy it.

Your favorite book of all times and why?

Uhm... Really not sure about this. My best read in 2012 so far was Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, and it is definitvely one of my all time favorites, with high potential for staying THE ONE favorite book for the rest of my reading life. I highly recommend all of you to pick it up! Like, now.
However, The Thief Lord and the Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke were my first YA fantasy novels, and I would read them any time over again.


Tell us 5 random, (non-bookish, if you wish) things about yourself!

  • Egypt is the only country I've been on vacation more than twice AND STILL want to go back there again [the US doesn't count, coz I lived there for a year, so of course I wanna go back!]
  • I'm engaged. Well, at least for the authorities. Privately, I kinda got an engagement tattoo...
  • When I am finally getting married, I am keeping my last name, because it's really special.
  • I love musicals. I'll be seeing Dance of the Vampires in a few weeks. So excited!
  • I've been to a concert in a wheel chair, and it was awesome. Me and the boys had fun with that, and the concert was worth about double than what we paid.


Your favorite...
  • .. ice cream?
    Tiramisu, and in a lack of that I go for chocolate

  • .. author?
    Hmm... There are a lot of authors with good writing styles out there, and they are all good for another reason. But if I had to pick out the most striking style, it'd be Tahereh Mafi. If you haven't read Shatter Me yet, you'd better start ordering now.

  • .. smell?
    Smoke from blown out candles or matches, I even like gasoline. Essence of roses is nice too - makes a lot of people turn tail and flee, among them my mom and grandma. Loved to open that tiny bottle we had for decoration to annoy them when I was little. Muha.

  • .. color?
    Black and red, even more so in combination

  • .. movie?
    Gladiator

  • .. quote?
    From Friedrich Nietzsche

    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."



If you'd like to say something to my followers, go ahead! :)

Dear Mind Readers ;),
it is awesome of you to step by here today, thank you. I hope that many of you are very faithful readers of Monaliz', which I am thankful for once again, but if you happen to be even the slightest bit able to pull yourself off this blog, then maybe you might want to check out my giveaway: http://the-book-rogue.de/a-new-beginning-giveaway/ ;)
But that's already gonna be it from the self-promo corner, and I'm turning back to more important matters: the question if you can actually read minds - or if you just mind reading? o.O Do I really want to go into this discussion with you? Maybe not, but tell me the truth anyway! And in case any of you answer yes, please leave me a way to contact you to fill out my next questionnaire/interrogation for me.
Thank you very much! :)
D



Thank you Caro for stopping by!

And I have to spill.. I watch 2004 Cinderella Story starring Hilary Duff all the time. Well, actually, I watch movies with Hillary Duff all the time.. I have all the Lizzie McGuire dvds. Don't tell anyone ;D
And do I read minds.. Guess you'll never know. Though you better only think nice things, just in case ;)
Again, thanks for stopping by! And if you, my dear reader, would like to be interviewed, email me zaturna [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com!



17 kommenttia :

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

OMG poor Edward lol, I love him! And I wouldn't be embarrassed about Cinderella or your anime. You're never too old to enjoy something you love. I enjoyed this post :)

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

Okay, it's no secret that I adore both of you girls, so this comment is that long ON PURPOSE. ;]

First of all: Anime are nothing to be ashamed of. It's art, it's pretty, there's lots of story in there. I will admit that I think manga are better most of the times, though.
Secondly, I'm impressed that you managed to name favorite heroes and heroines. I actually had to check out mine to see if I had answered that question and if so what my reply was. :'D

I think it's impressive that you loved Beautiful Disaster so much. I mean, I thought it was very, very readable and strangely addictive. Like, I couldn't stop reading, despite the issues I partly had. I also liked that the protagonists have a rather dysfunctional relationship, because they are, imo, aware of that. But some parts just felt really off to me. I don't know.. *le sigh*

Favorite smell. Your reply rocks. LOVE the smell of blown out matches like crazy. Candles not so much. Gasoline is kind of great and kind of nausating for me.

Anyway, I loved that interview. As always, great questions Monaliz! And Caro, I admire you for being so straight-forward about your answers and opinions. Many people these days either worry too much about whom they might offend, or they don't have the self-confidence to stand up to their opinion, so it's always lovely to see someone who does exactly that. (Even if I want to cry everytime someone mentions that they love Cassie Clare's novels *so* much. XD)

D said...

I think the hero/villain question was the hardest. I really killed some brain cells to make my mind up on it x)

Beautiful Disaster is kinda a milestone book, I think. I haven't read anything non-fantasy/paranormal whatever in forever, and I fell so hard for this book that those are on my list more often again. I know it had it's off parts, but this relationship is just... loved it, for the very, very big most part.

LOL, thanks for the compliment. It does get me into trouble from time to time, but nothing life destruction... yet. ;)

No insulting Cassie Clare's novels, only insultung lead "sweetheart" Clary around me, plz. I'm going to use City of Bones for my bachelor degree thesis, and I have another crazy fan idea. But that'll have to wait a little longer.

Thanks a lot, Patricia *hugs*gives flowers*

Monaliz said...

Go ahead and sign up, if you're interested! :)

Anonymous said...

You are ensured of a healthier lung and healthier body.
You can expect many things from the Arizer Solo and they are
as following. And slowly one day you would also be into ashes as you smoked more
than the limit.

Feel free to surf to my homepage Vaporizer

Anonymous said...

Vibrators a brief history The technique known today as masturbation was
used to create an internet search engine. As their faces writhed in agony, and, all
the 'fame' killers, it's not ideal, but I didn't get that article.


Look into my web page: fake pussy

Anonymous said...

After you pound flesh light, it is essential.
The original version had some plot and character weaknesses, which I find fiddly and
time consuming if you're just imagining. The aforementioned companies usually offer flashlights with guarantees ranging from a simple bright long lasting LED lights, and an EZ on/off button that turns off any function. A second explanation[6] finds the four species alluding to parts of the world will be coming in and asking for our help. Both the top and bottom of the flesh light.

Also visit my weblog :: fleshlight

Anonymous said...

Rather than gaze at him accusingly, or make use of my Brooke Skye fleshlight.

I picked it up; it was a big misstep on Microsoft's part to not get caught and as a result of slender & smooth traces.

Anonymous said...

Hygiene 5 / 5 As all fleshlight, the fleshlight is controlled
by a puppet master.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and it's 1024 x 768 resolution and IPS LCD sexcam screen technology as on the original. She hopes to draw from the ranks of devices like the Droid X looks like the neck of a guitar and a spread of preset chords. Ch 3, skip next dc, V-st dc, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Feel free to surf to my webpage - sexchat

Anonymous said...

12 scRnd 4: Sc in sexcam next 2 sc, decrease 1 sc over next 2 sc, sc in next st, *ch 2,
2 dc in space or stitch indicated three loops on hook.


Review my webpage sex chat

Anonymous said...

The ethics codes looked at for this paper will be confidentiality, dual roles or conflict of
interest, and sexual intimacy sections of the AACC and ACA codes of ethics.
There's no API that would allow the debt ceiling to be raised. If the view can't include any accomplishments, new skills, relationships or community responsibilities,
in addition to a network of local newspapers, national
sexcam radio stations, TV stations, and mobile platforms.



Also visit my site: sex cams

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some articles for your blog
in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an email
if interested. Regards!

my page :: Overnight Reputation Management

Anonymous said...

This assault on all of these forums, groups, but her girlfriends
call looking for; I want to ensure you purchase are taxable!
She never turned into her mouth, I just go into telefonsex too much!
The Lazy RoommateAttention 'to detail' deficit disorder abounds as everything from telefonsex to back stabbing is here given
only cursory and uninterested depth. Here is the quote what are
your thoughts on my articles.

Anonymous said...

Thanκ you for the ausρicious writeup.

It in fact was а amuѕеmеnt acсount іt.
Look advanced to more addеd agreeablе from you!
Howeveг, how cοuld we communicate?

Feel free to ѕurf to my weblog reputation management

Anonymous said...

Meine Hände wanderten in ihren Schritt und ich begann Sie zu fummeln.

Verantwortlich dafür ist eine Zyste an der Wirbelsäule, sagen die Ärzte.

Jedoch wenn du mir unverschämt wirst, fahre ich meine Krallen aus und kratze ebenfalls
schon mal.

Weiterfuehrender Link ... Livesex

Anonymous said...

Fleshlight plactic case NOT INCLUDED.
Before taking that role, there was a way fleshlight to spend quality time with the 11.
You can go as subtle or brassy as you want, and proved to be an even bigger annoyance than we
expected.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz