July 18, 2012

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


Pushing the Limits
by Katie McGarry


Published: July 31st 2012
( first published July 25th 2012 )
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Ebook
Pages: 409
Series: -
Source: From NetGalley for
review
Amazon |
Book Depository

"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise."
Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that - did you? It was done to you?"
No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.

SO WRONG FOR EACH OTHER ... AND YET SO RIGHT.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smokinghot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
When I first saw the cover, I just.. fell in love. It's obviously steamy, but there's also something unique in it. It just got that something, the "IT" factor that makes you want to read the book immediately.
And after I finished the book, all I could think was.. Finally! It's been so long when I last read a book that made me ball my eyes out! This definitely did the trick. Though, unfortunately when I was finishing this, I was also doing my make-up for work, so I had to fix it like three times. But man, it was so worth it!

At first, when I started reading the book, I was little scared. Because I was pretty sure this was going to be one of those stories where bad boy gets the good girl and bad boy turns good birl I mean boy, you know the usual story!
So when I noticed this was something completely different, I was over the moon. Yes, there is a bad boy, Noah. Or that's how it seems from the outside. And there's a good girl. Or a girl who used to be The Good Girl of the school, but after Echo's disappearance, everything changed for her.
Now there's just two broken people who seek comfort, and find it from the least expected.

What I love the most in this book is.. emotions. And how the author managed to make them so real. You get to cry, hate, love and laugh throughout the book and it's just amazing. And even though, or maybe because, the story is so filled with emotions, it's believable, realistic. As an author, Katie McGarry is like a puppet master, controlling reader's emotions through amazing scenes. That is something truly unique.

Through this book, you'll get to know what it's like to be a girl, who's life has fallen apart. You'll get to feel her sorrow for losing her family. Hate and jealousy for his father marrying her baby sitter. And you'll get to know what it's like to be the bad boy. When people know you as a troublemaker and girl-user, but when you're actually a boy, who lost his family and just wants to survive.
If you want true emotions, read this.


HUGE thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Teen for providing a review copy!






3 kommenttia :

Krystianna said...

I'm glad to hear that this was good. I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for the review. :)

Monaliz said...

You _definitely_ should read it, like right now! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Krystianna said...

You're welcome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz