November 14, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
by Jennifer E. Smith


Published: January 2nd 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 236
Source: Borrowed from library
Amazon / UK |
Book Depository

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?


Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
I got flue! So this review might be painful to read, but I'll try to find some sane thought I had about this book when I first read it. Damn you, person who doesn't take notes whilst reading!

I'm definitely having some trouble with this review. Okay, a lot (and the flue is not the only one to blame)! On the other hand this book was what the synopsis promises, cute, refreshing, fun romance! But mostly it's about family and the family drama surrounding Hadley's life. I mean, there's just drama, drama, drama!

And oh, the name! Gosh, I just hate that name. It really is a monster I keep forgetting nonstop. I read Finnish translation, and it has just as awful name. Yeah, definitely not a fan. Though I must admit, when I remembered it, it was intriguing and made me want to read this. But like I said, this wasn't so much about the statistical probability of love at first sight, but about family drama.

And I did enjoy the whole family drama, and totally understood Hadley's pain and anger, but guess I just expected more uplifting story. Sorry, now it's time to go to bed, so no time for deeper analysis.






2 kommenttia :

Patricia said...

I still remember reading that one, and I didn't like it very much. A, because unlike the blurb suggested, and like you said, it was rather harsh and unromantic, and B, it hit soo freaking close to home, I still feel.. raw about it. :/

Monaliz said...

My thoughts exactly, definitely not what this book was suppose to be about :/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz