January 08, 2013

2012 End Of Year Book Survey

I know, it's already 4th.. I mean, 8th of January (s***)! I visited my hometown last weekend, got 1 wedding, 1 christening, 2 birthdays, so didn't write anything..

Best In Books 2012


1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
Impossible! Though if you twist my hand and I absolutely have to name a few..

Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White
This won't be out until February, but I already read this, and this was AWESOME. Absolutely different than Kiersten's Paranormalcy series, but still just as awesome!

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole
I was convinced this wouldn't be something I'd like, but holy ****!, I ended up just.. mindblown!



Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi
Also thought this wouldn't be my thing, and was, again, mindblown. I probably should start reading only books I think I won't like!

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1) by Louise Rozett
Great contemporary, can't wait for the second book!

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry
This rocks, kicks ***, absolutely fabulous!

Darkride (Darkride Chronicles #1) by Laura Bradley Rede
Story with a girl, a werewolf and a vampire. You would think you already know how that story goes, but nope! This surprised me with the originality and ended up as one of my favorites! And absolutely can't wait for the second book! (..just a little hint, Laura..! ;) )

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Read the review I posted yesterday.

..and the list goes on and on.


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
There's a few that comes to mind..

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
High expectations, but.. just not a fan.

The Forsaken (The Forsaken #1) by Lisa M. Stasse
Same again, high expectations, didn't end up liking this.

Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
So did not like this!!

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Again, so did not like this!!


3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
I'm going to have to say Poison Princess, Shatter Me and Under the Never Sky, since I thought I wouldn't like these books (mostly because of the genre) and these ended up as two of my favorites!


4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well this is tough. Since I don't remember the books I've recommended online, yet I don't really have any reading friends IRL to recommend books to. Well that's a pickle.
Well, I've recommended Paranormalcy series to someone IRL!


5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Again, let's say Under the Never Sky and also look number 1 and 3, since I think every book in those are part of a series!


6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Let's say.. Veronica Rossi, Katie McGarry, Josephine Angelini, Kelley Armstrong, Tabitha Suzuma aaand Stacey Kade.


7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Well this is difficult, since when it comes to books, I don't really have any "comfort zone"..
But like I mentioned earlier, I was little iffy about Under the Never Sky, Shatter Me and Poison Princess, so guess you could say they were out of my comfort zone?
And I never even thought about reading anything from Kelley Armstrong, luckily Patricia recommended her books so much I had to try them out :)


8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
I'm gonna have to go with Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, since I read the whole trilogy in two days :D You could definitely call that "unputdownable"!


9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini. Because I have the second book waiting in the shelf, but before getting into that I want to read the first book again!


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?


Starcrossed and Dark Kiss are few of my favorites! Though I have mentioned earlier that I'm not the biggest fan of the Elvis-hair, but otherwise love the cover of Dark Kiss!
And I have no idea why I like Starcrossed so much.


11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Derek from the Darkest Powers trilogy, Cole from Everneath, Luke from Darkride and Jackson from Poison Princess. And Evie from Poison Princess!
You thought I'm so pathetic I would only pick some extremely hot (and bad) boys?! Shame on you!
Oh, and Fia from Mind Games!


12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. This just instantly came to my mind.


13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
There's so many!!

Darkride by Laura Bradley Rede. I've read thousands of books when I was younger, but it was really hard to find something as good as Twilight or Harry Potter. So I was absolutely thrilled after reading this and realising I'm still able to enjoy books!

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Loved the book, and even loved the movie. Which was weird. I've watched and read both so many times, and still love both. Extremely weird.

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. So beautifully written. Absolutely wonderful.

Hate List by Jennifer Brown. I still wish this was mandatory read in every school.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Mainly caught my attention because the author manages to paint a picture when she describes things. Extremely visual book, if that's even possible!


14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Apparently it came out 2001, and I never even noticed it in the library!


15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
Aaaargh. I really can't remember anything right now.


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest — Apparently Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead with 594 pages! Didn't see that coming.

Shortest — Probably A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) by Veronica Blade with 155 pages. Loved that book, could've been longer!


17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
First coming to mind is Shatter Me and the scene with Juliette and Warner. You know what I'm talking about.


18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
See the list from "11. Most memorable character in 2012". Probably all of those people and their "partners".


19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously.
Mind Games by Kiersten White!


20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Patricia and Darkest Powers trilogy!


Looking Ahead…


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Check the "2013 TBR Pile Challenge"- post. Like every book I mention there! Dang. Except I've already read The Last Echo, yay!


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Tons and tons of books, yet none comes to mind.


3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I want to break my record in how many books I read per year. I want to really get to know some bloggers, my social life is nonexistent in every possible way. I want to reach 1000 followers (call me insane)!
I'm not sure if I'm able to do all these things, because we have a house to build. Plus we hopefully get a new family member next summer.

Oh there was suppose to be only one thing? Yeah, not possible!




21 kommenttia :

Anonymous said...

Gardening and Topsoil Mulch is Mother Natures Blanket

Have a look at my webpage; tree nursery milwaukee
Also visit my web-site ; ozaukee county tree nursery

Anonymous said...

Hi!. I would really like to have online shop using blogger and paypal.
Any ideas tips on how to get it done? Would you please give me step by step instructions?

I be thankful. Thanks!.

My homepage - transvaginalmeshlawsuit
Also visit my web page :: transvaginalmeshlawsuit

Anonymous said...

I want to start an anonymous advice blog, does it
show up online search if people make an effort to search
their problem?.

Feel free to visit my webpage ... vaginal mesh lawyers
Feel free to surf my website ; vaginal mesh lawyers

Anonymous said...

I wish to use the WayBackMachine to try to retrieve my old Yahoo!
360 Blog posts, but I how to start what the URL format was.
To date Therefore i'm developing empty. Anybody have an example URL that I may use to reconstruct a legitimate URL for my old blog? Thanks!.

my web page; http://www.buchmatrix.de/node/319244
Also see my webpage :: Paxil Attorney

Anonymous said...

Do you know the core or basic lessons taught Writing classes?
One of the first things I discovered was Freytags
Pyramid. I got told that isn't an over the board learning device. So what is? I'm
really curious. In poetry I was taught, 'if it indicates a lot of things to many folks it misses it's mark'. I have since learned that good writing tends to bring out different reactions in various people and different interpretations. How can learning about creative writing (creativity is so individualized) be standardized?.

My blog ... transvaginal mesh lawsuit
Also visit my site :: transvaginal mesh

Anonymous said...

It's really a great and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Look at my webpage Root Canal

Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it
was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for first-time blog writers? I'd
certainly appreciate it.

my web-site :: http://tinyurl.com/

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at once more right here regularly. I am moderately sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

Also visit my website ... american Health advantage Scam
My webpage: dss.ssu.ac.Kr

Anonymous said...

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time
to be happy. I have learn this put up and if I
may just I want to counsel you few fascinating issues or advice.
Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article.
I want to learn even more things about it!

Also visit my web site - what is a root canal

Anonymous said...

Hello friends, its wonderful piece of writing about cultureand fully explained, keep
it up all the time.

Here is my webpage; Freewindows.Dk

Anonymous said...

Post writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with after that you can write otherwise it is
complicated to write.

Here is my weblog; uxaxa.org

Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
it seems as though you relied on the video to make your
point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to
your weblog when you could be giving us something informative
to read?

Here is my site ... migrantclinician.org
Also see my web page - http://Medicina-Naturista.info/

Anonymous said...

I like it when people get together and share thoughts.

Great website, continue the good work!

my blog post ... Http://Armsoc.Org/
My web site :: affordable dental Plans

Anonymous said...

Quality content is the key to be a focus for the users to go to see the site, that's what this site is providing.

Here is my web page ... discount dental plans

Anonymous said...

I'm not certain where you're getting your information, but great topic.
I must spend a while learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for wonderful information I used to be on the lookout for this info for my mission.


My web blog; http://dentalhygienistassistant.org/

Anonymous said...

Great article! That is the kind of info that
are meant to be shared around the internet. Shame on Google
for now not positioning this post higher! Come on over and talk over with my web site .
Thank you =)

my web blog ... Root Canal

Anonymous said...

I was watching the episode of Ugly Betty where she
started a blog... I've always wished to possess a blog (that people would actually read! ) and I possess some great ideas for a few but how do i actually start one on the web?.. Help much appreciated..

My web blog; africanamericansupersite.com

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon
on a daily basis. It will always be interesting to read articles from other authors and practice something from
their sites.

Here is my web-site ... sawyouat.org

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.

Your website provided us with valuable information to work on.
You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.


Feel free to visit my page: http://www.benalto.com

Anonymous said...

Yοu need to tаke paгt in a cοntеst foг one οf the hіghest
qualіty blogs on the web. I will highly геcommend this site!


Alѕo viѕit my webpage: urkgottalent.nl

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your wеblog
and wished to mentіon that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

my site; start up programs

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz