1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
Impossible! Though if you twist my hand and I absolutely have to name a few..
Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White
This won't be out until February, but I already read this, and this was AWESOME. Absolutely different than Kiersten's Paranormalcy series, but still just as awesome!
Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole
I was convinced this wouldn't be something I'd like, but holy ****!, I ended up just.. mindblown!
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi
Also thought this wouldn't be my thing, and was, again, mindblown. I probably should start reading only books I think I won't like!
Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1) by Louise Rozett
Great contemporary, can't wait for the second book!
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry
This rocks, kicks ***, absolutely fabulous!
Darkride (Darkride Chronicles #1) by Laura Bradley Rede
Story with a girl, a werewolf and a vampire. You would think you already know how that story goes, but nope! This surprised me with the originality and ended up as one of my favorites! And absolutely can't wait for the second book! (..just a little hint, Laura..! ;) )
Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Read the review I posted yesterday.
..and the list goes on and on.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
There's a few that comes to mind..
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
High expectations, but.. just not a fan.
The Forsaken (The Forsaken #1) by Lisa M. Stasse
Same again, high expectations, didn't end up liking this.
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
So did not like this!!
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Again, so did not like this!!
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
I'm going to have to say Poison Princess, Shatter Me and Under the Never Sky, since I thought I wouldn't like these books (mostly because of the genre) and these ended up as two of my favorites!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well this is tough. Since I don't remember the books I've recommended online, yet I don't really have any reading friends IRL to recommend books to. Well that's a pickle.
Well, I've recommended Paranormalcy series to someone IRL!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Again, let's say Under the Never Sky and also look number 1 and 3, since I think every book in those are part of a series!
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Let's say.. Veronica Rossi, Katie McGarry, Josephine Angelini, Kelley Armstrong, Tabitha Suzuma aaand Stacey Kade.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Well this is difficult, since when it comes to books, I don't really have any "comfort zone"..
But like I mentioned earlier, I was little iffy about Under the Never Sky, Shatter Me and Poison Princess, so guess you could say they were out of my comfort zone?
And I never even thought about reading anything from Kelley Armstrong, luckily Patricia recommended her books so much I had to try them out :)
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
I'm gonna have to go with Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, since I read the whole trilogy in two days :D You could definitely call that "unputdownable"!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini. Because I have the second book waiting in the shelf, but before getting into that I want to read the first book again!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
And I have no idea why I like Starcrossed so much.
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Derek from the Darkest Powers trilogy, Cole from Everneath, Luke from Darkride and Jackson from Poison Princess. And Evie from Poison Princess!
You thought I'm so pathetic I would only pick some extremely hot (and bad) boys?! Shame on you!
Oh, and Fia from Mind Games!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. This just instantly came to my mind.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
There's so many!!
Darkride by Laura Bradley Rede. I've read thousands of books when I was younger, but it was really hard to find something as good as Twilight or Harry Potter. So I was absolutely thrilled after reading this and realising I'm still able to enjoy books!
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Loved the book, and even loved the movie. Which was weird. I've watched and read both so many times, and still love both. Extremely weird.
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. So beautifully written. Absolutely wonderful.
Hate List by Jennifer Brown. I still wish this was mandatory read in every school.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Mainly caught my attention because the author manages to paint a picture when she describes things. Extremely visual book, if that's even possible!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Apparently it came out 2001, and I never even noticed it in the library!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
Aaaargh. I really can't remember anything right now.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest — Apparently Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead with 594 pages! Didn't see that coming.
Shortest — Probably A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) by Veronica Blade with 155 pages. Loved that book, could've been longer!
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
First coming to mind is Shatter Me and the scene with Juliette and Warner. You know what I'm talking about.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
See the list from "11. Most memorable character in 2012". Probably all of those people and their "partners".
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously.
Mind Games by Kiersten White!
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Patricia and Darkest Powers trilogy!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Check the "2013 TBR Pile Challenge"- post. Like every book I mention there! Dang. Except I've already read The Last Echo, yay!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Tons and tons of books, yet none comes to mind.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I want to break my record in how many books I read per year. I want to really get to know some bloggers, my social life is nonexistent in every possible way. I want to reach 1000 followers (call me insane)!
I'm not sure if I'm able to do all these things, because we have a house to build. Plus we hopefully get a new family member next summer.
Oh there was suppose to be only one thing? Yeah, not possible!