June 10, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth



Insurgent
by Veronica Roth


Published: May 1st 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 544
Series: Divergent #2
Source: Bought from Amazon
Amazon |
Book Depository

One choice can transform you — or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves — and herself — while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Obviously, I got excited with Divergent (read the review here) so I couldn't wait to get my hands on Insurgent! *grin* And I'm happy to tell I wasn't disappointed!

Insurgent continues where Divergent left. Tris is somewhat on the run and everything is in chaos. And you would think that since we know who the bad guy is, it's gonna be an easy ride. Well, not exactly.. And you would think it's obvious who's the friend and who's the foe, but again, no!
Tris and pals will be travelling alot and thanks to that, we'll get to meet people from Amity, Candor, Erudite and Factionless.





At one point, I liked this more than Divergent. I especially liked the part where Tris is held as a captive. Call me sadist if you like, I just really liked that part for some reason!
But then I was getting pretty annoyed because of the fighting (by Tris and Four). Believe me, I love good fights, especially when there's a third wheel involved (and when I'm not doing the fighting), but they were fighting over nothing! Over and over again! It just wasn't that believable. There was some sweet moments that I liked, but those were pretty shortly described, which was a shame, since I love the details.

Tris is her usual self, and she just isn't my favorite person. She makes some pretty extreme choices and you're just like.. what the hell are you doing?? I do like her little better after reading Insurgent, but she still seems quite, you know, emotionless and cold. I'd like to see her as a damsel in distress more often.
Luckily, we get to see some of that in Insurgent. And Peter is involved! I'm really starting to like that asshat! And now I just hope we'll get a lovetriangle which Peter is part of!! Call me crazy.


Many people told me Insurgent has more action than Divergent, and they were right. And I was convinced that I'll hate Insurgent because of that. But I was proven wrong; Divergent did have action, but that was mostly just Dauntles acting crazy. But in Divergent all the action is for a cause. And apparently I like that kind of action, just didn't realize it before. Oh, the things you learn about yourself when reading!
Beside action, book is also filled with lies and betrayal. And it ends with a huge cliffhanger, which why you just have to read the third book!
Despite my doubts, I really enjoyed this book and can recommend it to everyone who's not afraid of some action!





1 kommenttia :

Emaginette said...

Looks like I have some reading to do. :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz