September 25, 2012

Wisdom from the deep: 7 ways that a mer lifestyle could help you save the planet by Ciye Cho


I'm so happy to have yet another amazing author stopping by my blog! Please welcome author Ciye Cho, the author of Florence(*click to read my review*)!



Wisdom from the deep: 7 ways that a mer lifestyle could help you save the planet


Mermaids and mermen are remarkable beings. They talk to animals, cross oceans, and live in places that not even Jacques Cousteau has been to.

But did you know that merfolk are also keen proponents of greener living? Here are 7 eco-friendly tips that could help you save the environment.

1) Treat animals with respect. Merpeople live in harmony with the animals around them, and so should you. Free range is good, but a free ocean is better!

2) Go vegetarian. A diet of seaweed is a nutritional and eco-sustainable alternative to farmed crops and animals.*

3) Recycle. Mermaids and mermen are some of the world’s best recyclers. Think like a mermaid and transform your everyday trash into useful items.
Found some discarded beer keg dividers? Why not make some funky bangles and save a dozen turtles? Why not turn last night’s clam dinner into a new shell bra?

4) Be less materialistic. Life at the bottom of the ocean can be rough (ever tried using an iMac underwater?), but merpeople have a refreshing attitude toward materialism: if you can’t use it underwater… you probably don’t need it. Help reduce manufactured waste by curbing your shopping habits.

5) Travel on the back of an animal. Animal transportation offers a fantastic alternative to the tyranny of fossil fuels. Thinking of buying a Prius? Try riding a Porpoise!

6) Cut down your paper usage. For obvious reasons, gossip rags and newspapers don’t last very long in the ocean. Without even knowing it, mermaids are already saving trees.

7) Go Bio(luminescent). Stop using halogen and tungsten light bulbs and get yourself a glowing jellyfish. Save money and bring some color into your life!

Merfolk are more than just stewards of the ocean. They’re pioneers in cleaner, purer living. With this in mind, I urge all landwalkers to think about a sea-green lifestyle. Why not take some wisdom from the deep?

(* N.B: Always consult a doctor before beginning an exotic new diet.)


What a great post, thank you! :) Though I would have some trouble with mer lifestyle, since I can't live without meat or physical books. But everyone else, give it a try!




2 kommenttia :

Soma Rostam said...

OMG! I absolutely ADORED Florence. It was my first merman/mermaid novel and I LOVED it! I can't wait for book 2, if there is one, that is.
This guest post it awesome, even the name is creative. I guess I could live with some of the bullet points but I cannot live if I don't read books, so I guess I will have to buy a waterproof kindle (is there one?)
LOVE the guest post and LOVE your blog,
Thank you Ciye Cho and Monaliz :)
Your constant reader,
Soma
http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/ 

Monaliz said...

 You're just too sweet! :) Thank you so much for stopping by, I'll be stopping by your blog right this second <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz