December 22, 2012

Everbound by Brodi Ashton


Everbound
by Brodi Ashton


Expected publication:
January 22nd 2013
Publisher: Balzer+Bray/HarperCollins
Series: Everneath #2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 368
Source: Received from publisher
for review purposes
Amazon |
Book Depository

Two months ago, the Tunnels of the underworld came for Nikki Beckett.
That night, Nikki's boyfriend, Jack, made the ultimate sacrifice.

All Nikki wants is to save Jack before it's too late.
All Cole wants is to find his queen - and he thinks Nikki is the one.

Both determined, both desperate, Nikki and Cole form a tense alliance, leading them on a dangerous journey to The Heart of The Everneath.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
I was so happy, when I got the chance to read this early! Especially since there was that huge cliffhanger in the first book.
Surely you remember the cliffhanger, where Jack took Nikki's place and ended up in The Tunnels? The dark, unpleasant place, you remember that? Well, Jack is still there, and the main goal is to get Jack out of the tunnels. So Nikki and Cole decide to team up!
And boy, what a team they make. I mean actual lip contact once in a while. I was just jumping up and down cause I was so happy!! I actually thought they would already forget about Jack and leave him rot in The Tunnels, but NAH!!11
And "NAH" because even though everything was awesome in the beginning of the story and even during, things ended up pretty.. bad.

And what do I mean by "bad"? I mean TOTAL BETRAYAL!!!! And I mean betrayal by the author. Because I can't blame Cole for anything that went on. Because two things happened: 1) Author had to break up the triangle, and what's the easiest way? The other guy does something stupid/evil/both. BUT WHY COLE!? and 2) many times second book ends up being just a "filler", and in the end I got the feeling this was just a little detour before the actual goal. Detour that ruined Cole!!11

Okay, I may be a little upset because of the situation Cole, but I try to think positive. Maybe that whole thing is a scam. Yes, in my heart I have to believe that so I won't loose my positive POV.
And I just have to mention this: the cover is breath taking, absolutely corgeus, absolutely love it!

To sum it up: Again, great read, but just can't beat the first book.







2 kommenttia :

Turning The Pages said...

I still feel like I'm the last blogger that hasn't read Everneath yet! This one sounds great so I'd better read Everneath soon!

Great review!

-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Monaliz said...

Thanks! And you definitely should read Everneath, it's pretty great! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz