December 19, 2012

Reaction by Jessica Roberts


Reaction
by Jessica Roberts


Published: November 5th 2012
Publisher: S/P
Format: Ebook
Series: Reflection #2
Source: Received from author
for review purposes
Amazon / UK |

Harmony…

I’ve previously had that in my life, but only once, briefly, a while ago. It was during the time I’d started my first year of college. My own apartment, a new old car, and a life free of deadbeat stepfathers, all of which was fulfilling enough. But if it wasn’t, I also had a best friend, soul mate, and boyfriend all in one.
Yes, life was near perfect.

But one stormy night can change everything…

For many months I rested in a prolonged sleep, fighting for my life. Well, more than fighting for it, also dreaming of it. Dreaming of him.
Thank goodness, the dream is over and I’m back in the real world now. And all I want is for everything to return to the way it was. But nothing’s the same; most of all, us.

Once again, I find myself at the crossroads of a ruthless battle, this time not for life, but love.
Do I fight for the guy I twice fell for, or do I let her take him away?




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
I read the first book, Reflection, for a blog tour (read the review here!), and guess what happened after I was finished?
Like a good little stalker blogger I started stalking the author visited author's homepage and sent her a review request for the second book. I think it was 9 pm, and I should've went to bed, since I had to work next morning, but of course I was glued to my computer, hitting F5 over and over again. And then!, the author replied to my message AND sent me the second book! Which I started devouring right away and missed my good night sleep.

Anyhow, the first book ended with a huge cliffhanger (with the new girl and stuff, read the first book), and like the cover says, the dream is over and reality begins. Heather is released from the hospital and it's time to go on with the life. But how can you do that, when your boyfriend is engaged to someone else and you have no idea what to do with your life?

Luckily, Heather has Creed by her side all the way through. He was by her side the whole time she was in coma, and he even gets her a new place to live in. And it's obvious Creed wants more than just to be friends (especially when there's some lip contact going on), and I definitely would've have wanted to see more of that! Creed is always there for her, but she just doesn't like him that way. Darn! Definitely wanted more for these two!

Then there's Nick. Like said, he's now engaged to someone else and seems quite happy with his life. Then there's ups and downs, and guess how everything end?
Of course it's pretty obvious how things end, but I just wished there was more emotional turmoil, so to speak. More cat fights, heat, you name it! Paige, Nick's bride to be, definitely should've been more active and fight for her guy. And Heather should've done the same, because that's entertainment!
Not talking Jerry Springer- kind of stuff, but a little more drama and action would've been nice.

Aaaand there was one part I just so did not like. Just bugged the hell out of me:

After an unknown length of time, we were still cuddled on his bed, my lips swollen from his ministrations. Beats me how our clothes were still mostly in place with the hunger and lust and deeply moving love that accompanied our tumble in his bed.
My virtue hung on a thread but it was still intact, as much as we pushed the limits. It would stay that way until I was legally and completely his. As contradicting as it may have seemed, it was a matter of our love and admiration for each other. He saw my innocence as beautiful and perfect, and he would take it with his promise to me. I saw his promises to love and cherish me forever as beautiful and perfect, and I would give him my innocence then, happily—and very enthusiastically…. The ambience in the little shed lent itself to magic and tenderness.


Holy shit, that's just.. bull. Both of these people are over 20 years old, there's really no need to lecture.

Overall, almost as enjoyable as the first book, that whole mini-lecture just bugged me so much, I just wanted to forget the whole book. Which is crazy, but what can you do?




pst, there's Reflection banners!



1 kommenttia :

Turning The Pages said...

Great review! This book and sounds wonderfull I'm going to have to check out the first book :)

-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz