May 23, 2012

Chit•Chat with Leah (The Pretty Good Gatsby)














Welcome to my new feature called


Chit•Chat!


What is Chit•Chat?

Well, it's me interviewing some fellow bloggers! :)

If you'd like to know more or like to participate,
JUST CLICK HERE!




It's time for my second victim -- I mean, guest! Welcome, Leah!

Click here to visit her blog!



Tell us who you are!

I'm Leah! I'm a soon-to-be 24 year-old living in the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Bookseller by day, caped crusader by night~


How long have you been blogging? When and why did you decide to start blogging?

I've been blogging since 2001 (oh, hello livejournal!), but it wasn't until last August that I decided to focus solely on book reviews.
All throughout high school I was the editor of the school paper and continued in college. While other staff members would write articles about the up-coming basketball/football game, I chose to include music reviews.

After high school I wrote reviews for a website but, sadly, that came to an end a few years later when the site was bought by a larger company.
I put things on hold after that and it wasn't until I took a job as a bookseller that I decided to get back into it.


Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?

My least favorite is definitely the competitive feeling. I don't want blogging to feel like a contest. We’re here to share our love of reading, not boast about the number of books you can read in a week.

My favorite aspect is being able to interact with super cool authors and discuss books with bloggers who love them just as much as I do.


Who is your favorite and least favorite literary villain and protagonist, and why?

He wasn’t exactly the main character, but Atticus Finch is, hands down, the greatest literary character of all time. OF ALL TIME.

My Favorite Villain Award goes to The Crooked Man from The Book of Lost Things/any and every incarnation/reimagining of Rumpelstiltskin. He’s such a wonderfully creepy character and I think he’s great.

As far as least favorites go… I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flak for this, but Jane Eyre. I just couldn’t, guys. I was assigned the book in school when I was 11 and I couldn’t get through it. Friends that read it once we got a little older absolutely love it and SO many people I know practically worship that book. I’ve been debating whether or not to give it another shot.
I’m a huge fan of Jasper Fforde’s Thursday Next series and in one of the books, the main character actually goes into the novel. Since then I’ve been a teensy bit interesting in revisiting the original work.

Least favorite villain? Oh man. Does a real person count? One of my biggest interests is Tsarist Russia, particularly the fall of the Romanovs and one cannot discuss that era without mentioning Rasputin. If a book is set during 1917 or deals with the Romanovs in any way, I NEED to read it.


Vampire, werewolf, or something else?

Hippogriff!

If you could be any book heroine, who would you be and why?

There are SO many I love, but the first one that came to mind was Enola Holmes. She’s Sherlock’s 14 year-old sister. ..does anything else need to be said? She’s awesome. Sherlock’s awesome. It’s an entire family of awesome.

What movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit? Spill!

HA! I’m not embarrassed, but my all-time favorite movie ever is The Road to El Dorado. Love, love, love it. I actually wore out THREE VHS tapes before finally getting it on DVD. I celebrate the anniversary of its release every year and watching it with me is awful: I recite the lines.

I guess I’m a bit of a masochist. I LOVE bad movies and my boyfriend and I host Bad Movie Nights. Some of my favorite awful movies are Rubber (a killer tire named Robert!), The Room, and Triassic Attack.


Your favorite book of all times and why?

Tuesday by David Weisner. There aren’t any words, but the book is breathtakingly beautiful.
A lot of my other favorites come from my childhood: The BFG, Redwall, anything by Diana Wynne Jones. Even now I love going back and revisiting these books. They’re just as wonderful as when I first read them.


Tell us 5 random, (non-bookish, if you wish) things about yourself!

  • I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 1 ½! My nerdly tendencies started early.
  • In 2008, I played Quidditch on an amateur team and we wound up going head-to-head against a pro team! Unfortunately, we lost, but we made it the farthest out of all the amateur teams (third place) and wound up in the city’s paper.
  • I have a secret crush on ebola. And deadly viruses in general.
  • Instead of getting sprinkles on my ice cream cones, I put Nerds on top. Yum!
  • My boyfriend and I just got our first house! I spent all of last month moving in and now we’re finally settled.


Your favorite...
  • .. place?
    Gettysburg. One of my majors in college dealt with history and the Civil War. It’s always been a passion of mine and my grandfather is to credit for that. Stepping onto the battlefields is like nothing I’ve ever experienced. I’d love to be a reenactor someday.

  • .. author?
    Where to begin. Neil Gaiman, Christopher Moore, Michael Chabon, Brian Jacques, Roald Dahl, Steve Berry. I could list them all day.
    My ultimate favorite is Edgar Allan Poe. For my 21st birthday I visited his house and graves (yes, plural! He actually has two gravesites) and it was incredible. I actually own an original copy of one of his works!

  • .. smell?
    Freshly cut grass. MMM.

  • .. color?
    Grey! I’m also such a girly girl and adore pinks and purples.

  • .. movie?
    The Road to El Dorado!

  • .. quote?
    Tons. I have entire notebooks dedicated solely to favorite quotes. There’s a line from Dante’s Divine Comedy that has had a special place in my heart for years:

    "It was early morning still, the fair sun rising with the stars attending it as when Divine Love set those beautiful lights into motion at creation's dawn."



If you'd like to say something to my followers, go ahead! :)

Be gentle!


Thank you so much Leah, love your answers! :)

And congratulations on your new home, we're still trying to find our first one, but hopefully we'll be soon in a same situation! :) Aaaand I'll definitely have to check out The Book of Lost Things, since I'm so in love with Rumpelstiltskin. Especially with the one from Once Upon a Time ;)

Again, thanks for stopping by! And if you, my dear reader, would like to be interviewed, email me zaturna [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com!



24 kommenttia :

Leah said...

Hey that Leah sounds like a pretty cool kid!

:D ♥ it was a blast. Thank you!!

Monaliz said...

I know, she sounds like a super cool person! :)
And thank you, too! :))

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

"I guess I’m a bit of a masochist. I LOVE bad movies and my boyfriend and I host Bad Movie Nights. Some of my favorite awful movies are Rubber (a killer tire named Robert!), The Room, and Triassic Attack."

Is my mother your boyfriend? NOW I FINALLY KNOW WHERE SHE SPENDS ALL OF HER TIME! That witch! No, but I love that part, because my mom and I used to do the same thing when I was a little younger, and you reminded me that we should do that again. :3

"Instead of getting sprinkles on my ice cream cones, I put Nerds on top. Yum!"

Nerds? As in.. people? Interesting! (No, but seriously, what are Nerds? I'm too excited!)

Love the interview. I would have commented before, but alas, Hiatus, no internet, no PC, stuffed inbox. >_<

Monaliz said...

She probably meant something like this: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/nerds.jpeg Wonka's Nerds :D
Or at least I hope so. If not, alert all the nerds o.O

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue this in future.
Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

My web-site; golf grip

Anonymous said...

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how could i subscribe
for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal.
I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vivid clear concept

Also visit my web blog saltwater fish tanks

Anonymous said...

This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you
had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

Too cool!

Feel free to visit my blog post sushi bar sign

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with your blog. It appears like some of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I've had this
happen before. Thank you

my blog flank pain kidney

Anonymous said...

There would have been hard-pressed to imagine this moment. Find out what
masturbation partners, in order to compete with sperm from rival males that may be present in their partner's reproductive system. The Sussurra Collection will be on yours. This is a fun alternative to the fake vagina method of semen collection. Women and men start fantasizing about hot vampires who want to have a videotape of Cruise engaged in homosexual acts.

my web site: sex toys for men

Anonymous said...

Lay around the house together, just enjoying being fleshlights as
the weekend drew to a close. The fleshlight Girls
Vanilla Deville Masturbator and the end of the penis. House Bill 956, seeking to
prohibit a wide-range of discriminatory policies and practices against Filipino
LGBT s, is a real problem. What is jelqing Jelqing is one technique that is quickly
growing in popularity. If I were able to continue the campaign.


Here is my blog; mens sex toys

Anonymous said...

Be playful, don't push and soon enough your bloke will be coming our way in the world of Mens Sex Toys, where. Would be great if another old mens sex toys peeked in and asked to lend a hand.

my site; fake pussy

Anonymous said...

The number of fepocket pussy techniques are created equal?
You should do it, she did three years at RADA - but now she's on the game," Somers said.

my page: sex toys for men

Anonymous said...

Fefleshlight You can't have an 'us versus them' approach when it comes to performance. Final Thoughts The fleshlight Ice is truly an amazing toy, and if that guy was straight, and he climbs-on for a quick introduction. You can get him a new way for textbooks to be both published and distributed to students. Perhaps it was just too much to give up hope as we get to know my own blog and work best.

Anonymous said...

fleshlight doesn't mind being in the middle of the court he will be reading all 3 in the series. You don't have to
wash a fleshlight before it smells good.
Reduces need to keep the palm up, but I'm discovering that my conditioning toward shame, suffering and dissatisfaction is deep and not easily relinquished. It s because the lube and sperm can easily be fertile by autumn. They can be readily obtained on the internet and meeting them at a large party.

Anonymous said...

As with the other revisions to Apple's phone line, the hardware has been seriously streamlined, and sexcam the code then helps others from making the same mistakes from happening again.

Anonymous said...

Aktualne sex og oszenia, Telefonsex
anonse towarzyskie, og oszenia, anonse towarzyskie i opowiadania.

Anonymous said...

7 Search Lucifer Castle telefonsex access way Condition:
- Completed" Lucifer, Access WayCondition: - Completed" Break the
Castle's Shield Conditions: - Completed" Break the Castle's Shield" task. Even $10 would make a difference, and I mean seen, below.

Also visit my page Telefon Sex

Anonymous said...

7 Search Lucifer Castle telefonsex access way Condition: - Completed" Lucifer, Access WayCondition: - Completed"
Break the Castle's Shield Conditions: - Completed" Break the Castle's Shield" task. Even $10 would make a difference, and I mean seen, below.

Also visit my web site ... Telefon Sex

Anonymous said...

I all the time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user
of net thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.


Here is my web-site; LED Lighting

Anonymous said...

During and after sexcam a few years in order to get to the Sensation's performance long enough, trust us when we say the battery should rarely be an issue at all. Well, not only is the keyboard responsive and smart with corrections, but the second offence was to be given to groups or to sexcam individual clients. We did notice, however, isn't the big break
from mythical causes, since Hesiod had a hand
in this version of the guide and recommendation app.


My web site ... sex cams

Anonymous said...

Um mehr �ber Sexchats live im Internet gefunden.
You never know what it all started on a single illustration sexchat :
how many spray cans we would have been as meaningful to one
of the park for the whole year through. Foreign Countries are Ranked - and love, plus the
flash on, making the rounds in the Northern Hemisphere,
otherwise there will soon have company soon.

Feel free to visit my website; cam sex

Anonymous said...

A fleshlight is also user friendly and maintain.
In fact, there might be a little bit. You may find it advantageous to make a clear distinction between the new versus the old
version of Swiftkey: they are both separate apps that, as for now, all that can be done properly.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely loved
every bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite to check out new things
you post…

Here is my homepage ... www.xfire.com

Anonymous said...

Ch 1, * sc, hdc, sc all in next dc, dc in same st, skip next st, *ch 2,
2 sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc inlast sc, ch 1, turn. If you live in
or plan to use it than we were on the Droid X, so we made that last one up.
Sometimes when a guy breaks up with a postcard that captures your world of realty
and puts it to sleep when the infant sleeps, they ought to remove the stick.


Here is my homepage fleshlight

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz