May 28, 2012

Musing Mondays #23

By Should Be Reading!


















This week's musing asks…

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?




Nah, I don't do that kind of things :D Usually I just keep reading and try to use the context to understand the word.

Sometimes this goes to pooper, meaning I think I know what it means, but it actually means the complete opposite. This happened once, otherwise I've managed to understand weird words pretty well.

And since English isn't the language I usually speak, I find this great way to learn new words :)





2 kommenttia :

Ellaangelus said...

Same thing happens to me too, I think a word means something and thanks to my scumbag brain, there were times when i was reaaally wrong.

Ella
Stop by my Musing Monday? ^^

Kwizgiver said...

I like the dictionary feature on my Nook. :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz