October 27, 2011

Book Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick



Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Released : October 4th 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Format : Hardcover
Pages: 438
Series: Hush, Hush #3
Source : Bought from BookDepository
Buy : Amazon UK / Book Depository






synopsis




The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.



thoughts







*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
There will be lots of rambling, it's really hard to focus my thoughts with this. I guess I need to read this again soon.

First, the cover.. Not as pretty as I hoped. The cover of Hush, hush is just so amazing, that it's impossible to compete with that, so that may be the reason.

Okay. So Nora's kidnapped and forgets Patch and everything related. I had some mixed feelings when I realized that they're gonna recap the first two books. First thought was, "what the hell, you're gonna make a book about the first two books???", but luckily, the execution was way better than I expected.

Despite her amnesia, Nora is pretty much the same as always, at least in the beginning. I mean, you see your somewhat-maybe-bf in your dreams, and start whining?? SERIOUSLY? At that point I was only happy that Patch took all her memories of him. But we're lucky to see Nora growing even a little pair. First, she's hitting someone with a shevel! Yay! Finally! I've been waiting when the damsel-in-distress-behavious is over! And then she actually kills someone! Awesome! As I've mentioned earlier, I like my girls kick-ass!

Patch is as distant as ever. For the reader, at least. Of course, there's always drooling included from my side when ever Patch is around, but he's jut like a normal guy. You just can't tell what's going on in his head. Well, he's established to be in love with Nora, so we know that much, but that's about it. Of course, Nora is the main character, but it would be nice to know more about Patch, since he is in a kind of big role in these books.

Oh, and Scott is back! I'm actually kind of happy about that. Maybe, because I have that little weakness for those dumb lovetriangle-thingies. I reeeeally hope we'll see something like that!

And then the other characters. I really got pissed off because of Vee and Nora's mum. What the hell?! Someone has amnesia, so what do you do? Tell her absolutely nothing about anything? Seriously?! And what was this idea about Vee hating boys nowadays?? Guess someone thought she was too into boys, or something, so let' turn it around! Didn't work, at all. She was actually nice as her older self, so I was glad to see that at least Scott got some life into her. And Nora's mum, in love with Nora's archenemy. Acting like puppet. Truly annoying puppet! And Marcie was out of her edge, I liked her meaner. I never thought that would be possible.

And what is up with that everytime Patch and Nora are about to.. get down to business, something happens! Either Nora gets kidnapped or the-thing-that-happened-at-the-end-of-this-book (you have to read it to find out)! Just give them a break allready. There's always Daddy Dearest to interrupt their intimate moments, hopefully that's over now..

As I promised, lots of rambling. Characters annoyed me, but overall I loved this. Just not as much the other books. But now Nora is transformed into something more kick-ass, literally, so can't wait for the next book!



Rating:





Don't forget to check out my first giveaway!

2 kommenttia :

Natalia Belikov @ DazzlingReads said...

great review! =D I also love this one as much as the other, although when I read it I was so sure this one was the last one in a trilogy. XD lol!
it felt weird. BUt Im glad we still have one more book about Patch tor ead huhuhu

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com

Monaliz said...

I actually thought so too. The trilogy-thing, I mean! I was stunned to find out there still will be at least one book!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz