October 31, 2011

Musing Mondays #2



A meme hosted by Should Be Reading!




This week’s musing asks…

Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less? Why?

That depends on which time you compare to.

When I was younger, I read all the time. I read 5 Nancy Drews per day! I sat everyday in the library and borrowed few bags of books per week. And I had few stacks of books just waiting to be read.

Then I became a real teenager and mostly hang out with my friends. I still read few books now and then, though mostly horror and autobiographies. Even though I read very little when compared to my earlier ages, I still read more than my friends compared. Actually, I was the only one, who had ever finished more than two books in my circle of friends! I truly thought that was odd. And they thought I was freak, 'cause it's much more fun to get drunk and do stupid stuff than to read! Of course, I still didn't stop reading, just thought my friends were more freaks than me, I mean, who doesn't read books?? One of my friends read one book her whole life, and that was only because her teacher made her. So weird.

Then I moved, met my future husband, who is a bookworm. After that, I kind of found my love for books again. So, now I read less than I did when I was around 13 years old, since I occasionally have to work, take care of the house and kid. But I definitely read now more than when I was a teenager. So I guess I have to say more, the same and less? But now my books are thicker and mostly in English, so let's say more, right? :)


4 kommenttia :

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

I've always beena library-goer too. :)

Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

caite said...

Sure, sometimes you have more obligations in your life and less time to read and sometimes you have fewer obligations and more time...but I have always been a happy reader and hopefully, always will be!

Vicky said...

I always read more than my friends, even if I read only a few books! It's understandable that you read less now because you have other type of commitments :)

Personally, I read much more now than I did when I was younger. :)
Here's my Musing Mondays post
Happy Halloween!
Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Vicky said...

I know! :) I was afraid that I wouldn't understand it and it took me some time to get used to reading in a different language but it's fun! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz