October 24, 2011

Musing Mondays #1



A meme hosted by Should Be Reading!




This week’s musing asks…

Do you listen to audiobooks? Why, or why not?

At one point, I listened to audiobooks nonstop. I listened them while cooking, folding laundry, ironing, cleaning, knitting and so on. Then I kind of just forgot them, since I started to buy books again after a long break, and now it's all about reading. But I'm quite sure, that after I start in my new job, it's much more convenient to listen audiobooks while driving a car and so on. But of course, they don't beat real books.

If I have to pick a favorite, it might be either some book of House of Night- serie, since I listened them all as audiobooks, or Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Män som hatar kvinnor), the part one of his Millennium- serie.


6 kommenttia :

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

I'm in a similar situation. :)

Here's my Musing Mondays post. :)

caite said...

If I had a longer commute or traveled a lot, I might enjoy them more. But trying to use them in my everyday live, my mind tends to wander.

Vicky said...

I don't like audio books because I get distracted too easily. I always have a clear picture of what the characters may look/sound like so I don't like voices picked for me. :)
Here's my MM post
Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea

Audris said...

I might give the house of night series a try since you liked them :) Thanks for the rec.
Here is my musing: http://yabookmark.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-monday-2.html

Kat said...

Audiobooks sound way too distracting! I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on listening to the actual thing, so I'd probably end up missing half of the story. I really prefer regular books, although like you said, the convenience of listening to audiobooks in the car is nice. :)

Monaliz said...

I just remember, that when I was growing up, I listened to audiobooks constantly. I sat on the floor, listened to the story and made puzzles over and over again :P So yeah, they're really convenient when you want to do something with your hands at the same time, luckily nowadays I'm calm enough to just sit on my butt and read a book :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz