October 22, 2011

On My Wishlist #2



Meme hosted by Book Chick City!







The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries #1-2)



The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries #1-2) by L.J. Smith
From Goodreads:

The Awakening: Elena Gilbert is used to getting what she wants and she wants mysterious new boy, Stefan. But Stefan is hiding a deadly secret - a secret that will change Elena's life for ever ...
The Struggle: Elena is torn between her boyfriend, Stefan, and his brother, Damon. But these brothers hide dark secrets and a tragic past that threatens them all. Damon wants to lead Elena astray - and he'd rather kill Stefan than let him possess her ...





Blood Magic (The Blood Journals #1)



Blood Magic (The Blood Journals #1) by Tessa Gratton
From Goodreads:

It starts off simply.

Draw a circle ... place a dead leaf in the center ... sprinkle some salt ... recite a little Latin ... add a drop of blood ...

Maybe that last part isn't exactly simple. Yet somehow it feels right to Silla Kennicott. And nothing in her life has felt remotely right since her parents' horrific deaths. She's willing to do anything to uncover the truth about her family—even try a few spells from the mysterious book that arrived on her doorstep ... and spill some blood.

The book isn't the only recent arrival in Silla's life. There's Nick Pardee, the new guy next door who may have seen Silla casting a spell. She's not sure what he saw and is afraid to find out. But as they spend more time together, Silla realizes this may not be Nick's first encounter with Blood Magic. Brought together by a combination of fate and chemistry, Silla and Nick can't deny their attraction. And they can't ignore the dark presence lurking nearby—waiting to reclaim the book and all its power.

Tessa Gratton's intoxicating first novel will keep pulses racing, minds reeling, and pages turning right up to the very last drop of blood.




Don't forget to check out my first giveaway!

9 kommenttia :

moretalesfromthecrypt said...

Great picks! I have the Vampire Diaries series sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. Blood Magic sounds really good too! Have a great weekend!

http://moretalesfromthecrypt.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/on-my-wishlist-1/

Mel said...

I read the Vampire Diaries for the first time when I was teen years ago and loved it! I've re-read it recently and eitehr my memory was over hyped or it hasn't stood the test of time as much - but it was still enjoyable!

Hannah Mariska said...

I've read Blood Magic...seems obvious to me now, but I wasn't expected it to be gory in places, which it was. I still enjoyed it though!

Kelly said...

I keep meaning to get in to the Vampire Diaries, but it just hasn't happened yet. Blood Magic sounds really interesting!

Come check out what's on My Wishlist!

Maji Bookshelf said...

I havent watched the Vampire Diaries, and i dont want to start them because i want to read them first! But great OMW! :))

- Farah @ Maji Bookshelf

Mateja @ Lost Without Books said...

I've read the first TVD bind-up and really liked it. I'm just sad I got the old edition, the new one has such a pretty cover. Blood Magic is still on my wishlist. Hope you get your wishes soon.

Monaliz said...

I've read both of these, Vampire Diaries wasn't as good as I expected, but I've read worse. And Blood Magic I read two days ago, in a day, which I haven't done since Hex Hall :) And it truly was gory at times, I must say! I've been meaning to write a review about that one too, just forgot it since I started reading "Silence" by Becca Fitzpatrick :)

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your books if/when you get them. I'm wishing for the latest book by Susan Orlean. Please come see what it is.

Anna said...

The Vampire Diaries series is one of my favorites, but the first ones are definitely the best. Blood Magic looks AWESOME! I'm so excited to read that one :)

My Wishlist

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz