October 30, 2011

From Book to TV #1



First, a warning: If you hate tv shows/ movies based on books, skip this one!



I have this habit to watch any tv show/ movie based on book. Many times, they're just crab, but I haven't let that stop me! So I'd like to introduce some of those tv shows/ movies! If you'd like to participate, just leave a comment and a link to your own blog post!

I decided to pick a new show, only the first episode has been aired, which I just finished.



grimm


is a new drama series inspired by the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales.Portland homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli, "Turn The Beat Around") discovers he is descended from an elite line of criminal profilers known as "Grimms," charged with keeping balance between humanity and the mythological creatures of the world.

As he tries to hide the dangers of his new found calling from his fiancé, Juliette Silverton, (Bitsie Tulloch, "quarterlife"), and his partner, Hank Griffin (Russell Hornsby, "Lincoln Heights"), he becomes ever more entrenched in the ancient rivalries and alliances of the Grimm world.

With help from his confidant, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell, "Prison Break"), a reformed Grimm creature himself, Nick must navigate through the forces of a larger-than-life mythology, facing off with Hexenbiests, Blutbads and all manner of ancient evils, including royal lines dating back to the original profilers themselves, The Grimm Brothers. Reggie Lee ("Persons Unknown") and Sasha Roiz ("Caprica") also star.

Drama/Horror/Supernatural

Click on their homepage!



thoughts


As you can probably guess, this show is based on Grimms' Fairy Tales. As we all know, originally these fairytales aren't really the Disney- type, but gory and scary. I started to read these when I was age 8 or 9, and I had bad dreams for a long time. But I still had to read every story I could get my hands on.

I really enjoyed this first episode. It starts off with Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams" playing on the background and I turned the volume up in my headset, so I could really enjoy the music.
Of course, I should've known that soon I would be scared shi.. I mean, speechless. Which is only suitable, knowing the original stories. This episode included parts of "Little Red Riding Hood" brought to modern life.
I liked when the main character met the first "Big Bad Wolf", and it turned out, that he actually wasn't so bad, thanks to diet, drugs and pilates! If there's any humor included, I'm usually fan right away! I'm easy that way.

Definitely will be watching the episode 2, "Bears Will Be Bears", which will be aired November 4th, less than a week to go!


2 kommenttia :

Demijel said...

OMG LOL, I was JUST going to post something like this on Tuesday, I had it scheduled and everything xD It's for one of my features~ I guess great minds think alike, yes? :P

Mine's a little different though. I talk about books that have been made in tv shows, but also shows I want to become books~

Monaliz said...

Yup, great minds think alike, what else could I say! :D One of my interesting qualities are that I never ever ever read anything, that was first a show, and then the book. I don't know why, actually. Just one of my quirks, I guess! :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz