April 12, 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter



Goddess Interrupted by
Aimee Carter


Published: March 27th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin
Format : Ebook
Pages: 304
Series: The Goddess Test #2
Source : From NetGalley
for review
Amazon |
Book Depository


Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Six months has passed and Kate is back from her "summer vacation". Which she spent with James *gasp*! So prepare yourself for some more moping Hades!
Story begins with the revelation that the King of Titans is trying to break free, and thanks to that, we'll have lots and lots of action.
And as mentioned, we'll be seeing Persephone! So Hades won't be the only one moping and filled jealousy.

And warning: If you can't stand main character who is feeling sorry for herself and is overreacting and all whiny and drives everyone crazy, don't read this! You'll just get angry.

But, if you're able to turn off that voice of reason, you'll love this! Believe me, since first I was thinking that she's really, really overreacting, but then I thought "What the hell!" and next thing I know, I was screaming "You go girl!!" and made a little happy dance. Cause, you know, this is a book. And it would be so fun to be all whiny little girl IRL, but there would be consequences, so this is a great way to bath in those emotions!

Okay, I have to admit that it was quite unreasonable for Kate to expect gazillion years old god to be a virgin. Especially when he's already been married once. And that marriage lasted quite a long time. But beside that, it was a fun ride.

The cliffhanger in the end was a little odd at first, I was just.. astonished! Seriously, my mouth was hanging open. But after little thinking, it made sense. Sort of. I just hate that kind of cliffhangers, I wanted to read the next book right away, but, as we all know, that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Overall, this was a great sequel, and I actually liked this little bit more than the first book. There was more action in every field and I especially loved how Persephone came back to picture and mixed things a little. And it was quite interesting finding out who's slept with whom in the past. I love dirty little secrets like that ;)
And I wish we'll get to read more about those dirty little secrets soon! I have my fingers crossed that everything isn't over between James and Kate. And that Kate will be alive in the next book, that's quite important, I guess. So, hopefully we'll get more desperate moments and love triangles! :)

My thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin for providing the review copy!






2 kommenttia :

Nicola said...

I loved this one! The ending left me dying for more :)

RebeccaAlora said...

The end of this book absolutely slaughtered me. How could they do this to me!??? I don't want to wait for forever for the next book!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz