April 22, 2012

Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler

Aargh! I've been trying to write this review for two days now, but thanks to some "amazing new changes" in Blogger, this s**t just wouldn't work.

I'm using Opera, and after millions of tries decided to try Firefox and it's finally working. But I'm still not pleased, since I don't wanna use FF, I wanna use my Opera! Damn this s**t.




Where It Began
by Ann Redisch Stampler


Published: March 6th 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format : Hardcover
Pages: 384
Series: -
Source: Borrowed
Amazon |
Book Depository


Sometimes the end is just the beginning.

Gabby lived under the radar until her makeover. Way under.
But when she started her senior year as a blonder, better-dressed version of herself, she struck gold: Billy Nash believed she was a the flawless girl she was pretending to be. The next eight months with Billy were bliss...

Until the night Gabby woke up on the ground next to the remains of his BMW without a single memory of how she got there.

And Billy's nowhere to be found.

All Gabby wants is to make everything perfect again. But getting her life back isn't difficult, it's impossible.

Because nothing is the same, and Gabby's beginning to realize she's missed more than a few danger signs along the way.

It's time for Gabby to face the truth, even if it means everything changes.

Especially if it means everything changes.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
This is a story of a girl, who had it all. Until one night, when she hits a tree while DUI. Since just like with any story, there's more than meets the eye.

Love how it sounds, right? I know I was thrilled when I first heard about this!
The beginning is especially intriguing, when Gabby tries to put the pieces together to remember the night of the accident.
She's also physically weak, and it takes a lot of effort for her to regain her strength.

Still like the sound of this? I did. But after that everything just went down the hill.
We get to meet Gabby's parents and friends and all you can think about is.. How can they be so stupid?? Seriously, are you kidding me?! Doesn't even one person own a half of braincell?! It's just unbelievable!
There's Gabby, who is phlegmatic and so stupid it hurts. She's also condescending and blind and did I mention stupid?
And why do I think she's condescending? There's a "friend" of her, Andie. She's cute and stupid (of course, what else did you expect..), but she's just so adorable that you can overlook her stupidity. But whenever Gabby is talking with her, or even thinking about her, all she thinks is how stupid Andie is. Hello, pot, kettle, anyone?

I though this would be a book where Gabby little by little would realize the truth about everything, because who wouldn't want to know the truth? Well, apparently Gabby!
All she says to everyone and everything is "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT".
And you would think that after the truth is revealed Gabby would be driven enough to defend herself at any cost and make the right thing? Wrong! She continues being the phlegmatic spoiled little brat she's been the whole time!
We do get a tiny little happy ending, but no thanks to Gabby. Surprise!

After the first half of the book I just wished I was one of those people who can quit reading in the middle of the book, but unfortunately I'm not. So no matter what, I had to finish this. I did try to give myself concussion, since I kept hitting myself to the head with this book, just to make the pain go away (you know, causing physical pain to forget about the mental one etc..).

This book had such a huge potential, but the cast ruined everything. If only they were like normal people, but no, they were straight from some bad reality tv. No acting skills, so everything they say sounds untrue and just.. bad, and no enough brains to produce any coherent speech.

If I'd rate this book only by judging the story, I would give o.5 cupcakes, but since I love the cover and the synopsis sounded awesome, I have to give 1 cupcake.







11 kommenttia :

Keira said...

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of post. I am glad that you simply shared with us. Thanks!

Cheyenne Teska said...

I completely understand what you're saying here. This is the only book I've given a low rating. I hated almost all of the characters, couldn't relate at all, but the plot had SO much potential. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion!

Suzanne Finnegan said...

Ok steer clear, great review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this more though, the blurb does sound really good.

Monaliz said...

Good to hear! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Monaliz said...

Yeah, this is my first 1 cupcake review :/ Which is sad, since there really was so much potential! But like you said, it was impossible to relate with any character, and that was the main reason I just couldn't enjoy this :/

Monaliz said...

I know, I just fell in love with the blurb, and with the cover! :) So I was really sad to notice it just wasn't that great :/

Amanda said...

Hey! I found your site through making connections on goodreads (and your site is adorable by the way) and am now subscribed! Hope you will check out mine as well
All the best!
-Amanda
http://shmandarinorange.blogspot.com

Hannah Godleski said...

Hey! Found your blog through goodreads and i love it!! Cute Layout!! :)
hugs,
~Hannah

Monaliz said...

Thank you! :)

Monaliz said...

You're too sweet! :) Definitely stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this site is actually fastidious and the visitors are genuinely sharing nice thoughts.

Also visit my page - best registry cleaner For windows 7
Also see my page > windows Xp Registry cleaner

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz