February 03, 2012

The Dig by Audrey Hart



The Dig by Audrey Hart

Published: November 11th 2011 (first published November 7th 2011)
Publisher: Backlit Fiction
Format : Ebook
Pages: 208
Series: Zoe and Zeus trilogy #1
Source : From author for review
Buy : Amazon


Zoe Calder has always been an outsider. Stashed away in boarding schools since her parents died, Zoe buries herself in the study of ancient worlds. Her greatest thrill is spending her summers with her archeologist aunt and uncle on digs around the world. And one day, while investigating a newly unearthed temple in Crete, Zoe discovers a luminous artifact that transports her to ancient Greece.

As Zoe quickly learns, the Olympian Gods are real, living people—humans with mysterious powers… Powers that Zoe quickly realizes she has come to possess, as well. However, when the people of ancient Greece mistake Zoe for an Olympian, the Gods must restore the balance of the ancient world… No matter what.

Zoe is forced to play a confusing and dangerous game as Hera rallies the gods against her—all except for Zeus, the beautiful, winged young god who risks everything to save her.

Out of time and out of her element, teenager Zoe Calder finds herself in ancient Greece, battling against the power of the Olympians and the vengeance of a scorned goddess—all for the strange and mysterious boy she has come to love.



*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
As said, Zoe has always been an outsider, who is fascinated by digs. So she ends up on a dig in Greece and that's when things start to happen!

I had my "Greek mythology" phase at some point, meaning I read all the Percy Jacksons I could find, watched Percy Jackson movie like ten times in a row and Clash of the Titans, too. So I was little scared that this would be like Percy Jackson.
You can't imagine how happy I was when I noticed I've been wrong! Yes, it's about Greek mythology, but with an original twist.

Zoe makes a great heroine, that I have to say. You probably remember how many times I've been whining about whiny heroines? Well, that I didn't really have to worry about in this book.
Yes, there's some overly sweet moments for Zoe, but even when there's a man by her side, she won't let him do all the job! Refreshing. I heart.

I loved the original approach with the gods and goddesses! They are like a high school clique, except this high school clique has been on for like 500 years.. Clique from hell.
So when Zoe comes up, they aren't really happy about that. Especially since they are all about couples, and Hera and Zeus have been an on-off couple only forever.. Yaicks. That can't be good, and I can promise you, IT'S NOT.
I just wasn't too happy about how Zeus handled things with these two girls. Yeah, you don't want to piss off your ex, who is, you know, a goddess, but c'mon. Just break things up with your ex/whatever, then start new things! Less messy.

Even when I was on the last page, I couldn't stop reading. I was reading acknowledgements and didn't even realize that. I started screaming at that point. It's unfair to put that kind of cliffhanger to the end of the book!!! So unfair. I nearly cried. What happens next?! I have to know. But I just have to wait like everyone else. And try to stay sane.







My thanks to Audrey! :) I can't wait to hear more about Zoe!

Audrey Hart, author. Came up with the idea for The Dig while visiting the Minoan ruins in Crete.

The Dig: Zoe and Zeus is the first book in a trilogy.




Goodreads | Facebook | Homepage




0 kommenttia :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz