February 24, 2012

TGIF at GReads! #5: Required Reading


Another TGIF at GReads!


This Friday's Question:

Required Reading: Which book from your school days do you remember reading & enjoying?

Is there a book published now that you'd like to see in today's curriculum for kids?




There wasn't so many books we were force to read, but these two were just amazing! I read them in high school, and been meaning to buy them ever since.
If it wasn't for school, I never would've read them, so I really owe thanks to my Finnish teacher Sirkka! :)







Some of the most amazing books I've read were written like a hundred years ago, so I tried to stick with somewhat new books.

I also would like to add Twilight to this category, but if that came true, I probably would be assasinated, so for the sake of my health I left that out.





8 kommenttia :

Ashna Banga said...

Hahaha... You wouldn't be assassinated if you suggested Twilight! :P (though I wouldn't suggest it myself, but that's because I don't think it's that good). Harry Potter is a superb choice. You've got a good looking and 'sweet' blog ;)
Looking forward for more... new follower :)

Monaliz said...

I wouldn't be so sure, teenagers can be brutal! :D
And thank you, I always love to have new followers! :)

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

I think even those of us who dislike Twilight alot can't argue with you that it made many people start reading. Our school classes are supposed to make us want to know more, learn more, read more, and since Twilight happens to have this effect on quite a lot of people, why not? Maybe girls-only schools, though. *g*

Patricia // My Hop

Monaliz said...

Hey, you're right! I didn't even realize this before, but it really was Twilight that made me read again :D I hadn't even touch a book in a year before that.

So, I recommend Twilight to girl schools :D

Notyourmothersbookblog said...

Harry Potter is a great choice. It would cost me too much in airfare for an assassination attempt so you get to live to blog another day. I hope you'll drop by and check out my post. I'm also hosting a couple of giveaways right now (one is INTERNATIONAL).

http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-hops-february-24-2012.html

Alysia @ My Little Pocketbooks said...

I remember reading Lord of the Flies too! It was a great read. I have a 50 50 on The Hunger Games. The subject of the kids killing each other is so touchy. There is too much of that happening in high schools all over the country that I wouldn't want to encourage it at all. But I loved the book a lot!!

Monaliz said...

Oh, good, I'd like to live another day :D

Alexa (Alexa Loves Books) said...

I love how people are suggesting Harry Potter & The Hunger Games! I'm all for those two series being a part of any curriculum, simply because if they're studied properly, there are great lessons to be gleaned from both.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz