February 27, 2012

Musing Mondays #16



Musing Mondays is hosted by Should Be Reading!


This week's musing asks…

Do you read books that are part of a series?

Do you collect all the books in the series before starting?
What if the series is brand new, and the only book that’s been published so far is Book one? As subsequent books in the series are published, do you go back and re-read the preceding books?




As I've mentioned many, many times before, I'm huge fan of series!

Usually I don't care if there's only one book out, if it sounds like a great read, I just have to read it.

And since I read so many series, I wouldn't have anything to read if I always waited for all the books to come out..!

And do I re-read preceding books? That depends, I guess. Like now I pre-ordered Pandemonium, but I'm not gonna read Delirium, since I still remember what happened and how it ended etc.
But I'm pretty sure that when the third book in Hex Hall comes out, I'm going to read the first and second book again, cause they were just so awesome!



PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!


9 kommenttia :

Kell said...

Good answers. :)
My Monday Memes post

Caite@a lovely shore breeze said...

I do like series but I would never have the time to reread books when the next comes out. So many books...so little time...lol

Amy said...

Love those answers! :)

Here’s mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/02/musing-mondays-and-some-goodies-to.html

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

Very much the same here. I'm a fan of series' because for one, I already know the atmosphere and what to expect. I'm comfortable, to a degree, in the worldbuilding, and probably also know the author good enough to know that the character set up they provide satisfies me as a reader. It's a little like re-reading, except that it's still new to me.

As for re-reading. Oh yes. I reread that much that sometimes my favorite books turn to be books I can't stand to look at anymore. It's horrible!

Happy Monday! <3

Mthayer85 said...

I don't have a Musings Monday post up right now but this fits perfectly with my post today. I do read series, often. And most of the time, I do read all the way from the first book to the last. Sometimes I read the first books before reading a new book but not always. Instead of my Musings Monday post, I'm actually doing a guest post on series over at A Daydreamers Thoughts which can be found here.
http://xxdaydreamer21xx.blogspot.com/2012/02/series-week-day-three.html

Jo Jones said...

I am like you. I love series and only re-read if It has been a long time since the last book.

Kwizgiver said...

I don't usually re-read the previous books when a new addition comes out. Unless it's been a l-o-n-g time between books.

Jess said...

I recommend the Sookie stackhouse series.
My Musing Mondays is at

http://jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/02/monday-memes.html

Monaliz said...

You're totally right about the too little time! :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz