December 22, 2011

Review: Feyland: The Dark Realm



Feyland: The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp

Published: December 16th 2011 (first published December 4th 2011)
Format : Kindle Edition
Source : Review request from the author
Buy : Amazon | Book Depository

WHEN A GAME…

Feyland is the most immersive computer game ever designed, and Jennet Carter is the first to play the prototype. But she doesn’t suspect the virtual world is close enough to touch — or that she’ll be battling for her life against the Dark Queen of the faeries.

TURNS REAL…

Tam Linn is the perfect hero — in-game. Too bad the rest of his life is seriously flawed. The last thing he needs is rich-girl Jennet prying into his secrets, insisting he’s the only one who can help her.

WINNING IS EVERYTHING…

Together, Jennet and Tam enter the Dark Realm of Feyland, only to discover that the entire human world is in danger. Pushed to the limit of their abilities, they must defeat the Dark Queen… before it’s too late.



*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
If I would summarize this book in one word, it would be exciting. Just wonderful read. At first, I was little iffy, since I count so much on the beauty of the cover, but yet again, I was proven wrong. Like most of the time.

The female lead is girl named Jennet. She and her father move to a new city. She's a gamer, and in a lot of trouble after playing Feyland. A game, where fantasy becomes reality. If you get hurt there, you will be hurt in the real life. So it kinda sucks, when piece of her soul is taken.. So she needs a knight to save her.
That is when Tam enters. He's poor, from the bad neighborhood, with a hyper little brother and mum, who disappears occasionally. But he's the best gamer Jennet can find.

After that, they're inseparable. And that of course leads to romance. Yay! I love their relationship. That's all I have to say about that.

Even though I usually have a huge problem with the whole damsel in distress-thing, not this time. Since there actually was a real reason for Jennet to be weak. She still wasn't phlegmatic and whiny, so she didn't bug me. And my feminist side kept quiet nearly the whole time! It has to be some kind of record.

I had some favorite scenes. Of course I loved to see how Tam's and Jennet's romance progressed, how they noticed each other romantically, little bit at a time.

And how the Wild Hunt came to real world! If you wondered what my latest Teaser Tuesday was about, it was the Wild Hunt. Creepy! And freaking awesome!

I especially loved the last few pages. They were full of action, romance, heartbreak, so what's not to love! I especially loved the surprising twist, meaning "The Ballad of Tam Lin". I really didn't see that coming, and I love when something like this happens. And I love it even more if author adds something from real life, in this case it was the ballad. You can check the ballad here, and I just have to quote it a little.

The night is Halloween, lady,
The morn is Hallowday,
And for to win me, win me well
Take heed to what I say.

Just at the mirk and midnight hour
The faerie folk will ride,
And they that would their true-love win,
At Miles Cross must bide.

Oh first let pass the black horse,
And then let pass the brown,
But quickly run to the milk-white steed
And pull the rider down.

...

"At last they'll turn me in your arms
Into a naked knight,
Then cloak me in your mantle green,
And cover me from sight."


I would love to write the whole thing here, but I better not.

Okay, I think that it's pretty obvious how much I liked this book? So enough with rambling and let's give some cupcakes!






Nearly forgot: Tomorrow I will post an author interview with Anthea Sharp, and there also will be an international giveaway for her book!



Growing up, Anthea Sharp spent her summers raiding the library shelves and reading, especially fantasy. She now makes her home in the Pacific Northwest, where she writes, plays the fiddle, and spends time with her small-but-good family. Contact her at antheasharp@hotmail.com, follow her on twitter, find her on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AntheaSharp), and visit her website.



Goodreads | Facebook | Homepage


Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

Thanks to Anthea for this amazing book!

0 kommenttia :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz