December 08, 2011

Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Published: October 5th 2009 (first published August 1st 2009)
Publisher: Scholastic
Format : Paperback
Pages: 434
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1
Source : Borrowed from library
Buy : Amazon UK | Book Depository






synopsis




Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.



thoughts







*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Some might think that it's kind of weird, that a girl fells in love with a wolf. Or that at least was my first thought when starting the book. Luckily, it wasn't really weird, but a captivating and intriguing story.

First of all, I apparently have some problem with two narrators. It's annoying, that my first reaction is always "Oh no, not again, this can't be good!", especially when I'm proven wrong! The story was fluent and beautifully written.

The main characters are Sam and Grace, who are interesting characters, though Sam is kind of.. teddy bear. He could grow a pair, for my opinion. Though it wasn't that annoying, just something I noticed. And Grace is just so serious and solid and down-to-earth that she could easily be boring. Luckily, we didn't cross that line. But then again, if you have that kind of parents, maybe you have to grow up when you're just a kid. And her father just forgot her in the car when she was a kid, just.. perfect parents.

I actually liked Isabel after a while (though I still can't picture her blond, never). And I liked Olivia in the beginning, but then I just.. didn't like her anymore. And man, I just hate Shelby! Oh dear. One of my least favorite characters since.. can't even remember when! And Jack wasn't really nice guy, but his end was still quite brutal.

And the last page of the book.. After I read it, I was screaming "OMGOMGOMG!!! GET ME LINGER, STAT!!" So yeah, quite a cliffhanger there, I must say.

Overall, will be buying this book! And the two others too, of course.



Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide



Rating:



1 kommenttia :

pocketfullofbooks said...

Glad you liked this! I wasn't so fond of it myself so it's great to see what other people like about it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz