December 08, 2011

Review: Linger by by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Published: July 13th 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Format : Hardcover
Pages: 360
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2
Source : Borrowed from library
Buy : Amazon UK | Book Depository






synopsis




In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.



thoughts







*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
I had to borrow the Finnish copy, since all the English copies were already borrowed. And that was just quite a sad thing. Translator decided to use the language used in our ordinary life, things like referring to person with "it". Translator also use the southern slang, which just sounds trashy.
Yeah, I speak the nothern slang, since I've lived here my whole life, but even if there was my slang used, it would sound trashy. It just doesn't fit. And it really doesn't help that the translator starts with southern slang, changes to "book language" and occasionally steps to the slang side again. Just come on, try to decide already!

But the book was great, I actually liked it more than the first part. Though, this time I was terrified ("OMG, four narrators, this must be BAD!"), but it really wasn't.

The whole book was like some kind of dying story, how you just watch someone dying, but you're too terrified to talk about it, so you just try to ignore it. I didn't expect myself to be fascinated by some "dying story", but apparently I like something like that. Weird.

We also meet a new character, Cole, who is a rockstar and a d*ck. But of course I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. And turns out, he's a mad scientist! Who knew, right? And I'm really starting to like Isabel, I mean really. And really hating her father, I mean really. Obnoxious man, who I hate as much as I hate Shelby. If both of them were gone/dead/pick your favorite, everyone would have much easier life! They only would have to worry about turning into wolf and almost-dying.

In this book, Grace was quite phlegmatic. But then again, she's basically dying, so let's give her a break. Sam is again quite lovesick puppy, I think, can't really remember, 'cause I'm only thinking about Cole. Ha.

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide



Rating:





Still a week before my giveaway closes, so don't forget to participate!



Also, I'm visiting my father-in-law this weekend, will be back Sunday, see you then! :)


0 kommenttia :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz