March 07, 2012

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma



Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Published: May 27th 2010 (first published May 1st 2010)
Publisher: Definitions
Format : Paperback
Pages: 418
Series: -
Source : Borrowed
Amazon | Book Depository


She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed.

He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love.

But... they are brother and sister.

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings.
Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives — and the way they understand each other so completely — has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be.

So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love.

Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right.

As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Oh my gosh. I just finished this book and I need to breath in a brown paper bag probably rest of the day, at least. And I'm still crying a little.

I have to admit, I was kind of iffy with the synopsis, my mind went instantly to some toothless hillbilly- action, but boy, was I wrong.
As the synopsis already mentioned, this is a story of a boy and a girl falling in love. Too bad they're brother and sister. They have sh*tty mother, who doesn't even deserve to be called that. She's partying like a teenager and forgets that she even has kids.
That's why Maya and Lochan take care of their siblings and act like they're parents. They have their own little universe to take care of, so it's no wonder they basically act like mother and father.

Throughout the story I just waited for the moment when their sh*tty mum is drunk enough and tells them that Lochan is adopted. I waited and waited, but no such luck. (Something I hoped for, that way they would've had even a little chance to be together!) So we just have to stand by and wait for the tragedy to happen. Believe me, you will need a box of tissues, I was bawling my eyes out in the end.
This book leaves you sobbing, heartbroken and speechless. It's really hard to form real sentences right now, all I can think about is "holy s**t" and "that's rough". So forgive me, if here's some incoherent stuff flying around!

This is so beautifully written love story that you forget it's about incest. In reality, I probably wouldn't enjoy if my neighbor told about something like this, but that's the beauty. You don't have to support incest to enjoy this book.

But as said, there's no happy ending, no matter how much you yell at the book (been there, done that), so finish this book while lying in bed, that way it's easier to curl up into fetal position.



+ ½

10 kommenttia :

jenni2804 said...

Brilliant review! I've been hesitating to check out Forbidden but I've been reading such good reviews that I think I'll definitely check it out some time soon :)

Monaliz said...

Good to hear, this was absolutely brilliant, and heartbreaking, book! :)

Mthayer85 said...

Wow, this sounds really intriguing. Thanks for the great review. Definitely adding this one to my TBR pile.

Monaliz said...

Good to hear! Thanks for stopping by :)

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

I can't even.. Just reading reviews makes me go all .. Aaah. *cries*

klormand said...

Love your review! This books sounds really different to anything I've seen recently. Thanks for the review i'll be sure to look this up :)

Monaliz said...

Good to hear! :) And so glad you liked my review :)

Monaliz said...

I know <3 This is awful and wonderful book, try it! :D

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

I know - I read it. Reading your review just brought back all of the emotions. ;(

Monaliz said...

Aa, okay! :D Good to hear!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz