March 19, 2012

Musing Mondays #17

By Should Be Reading!



















This week's musing asks…

Would you choose to review a book if its description sounded interesting but the cover was terrible?




I have done this many times! :)

I know, I judge many books by it's cover, but if it actually sounds interesting, I want to give it a chance.

As I've mentioned, I usually look for three things: Great cover, intriguing synopsis and good reviews. And even though I'm quite picky, I can do with just one of these things. Absolutely breath taking cover sometimes overruns bad reviews, and intriguing synopsis overruns fugly cover.

My to-read- list in Goodreads (837 books) probably proves my point! ;)





5 kommenttia :

Amy said...

Love your answer! Eye catching covers usually are my selling point, but most times I am pleasantly surprised at what is on the inside. :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/musing-mondays-movie-review-we-bought.html

Caite@a lovely shore breze said...

the cover may make me pick it up, but it can not make me read it or not read it.

Melissa Eannucci said...

That's true. If there are good reviews for the book I usually trust that even if the cover is horrible.

akmamma said...

I do have to say one thing after reading many of these. That is something that I had forgotten ... sometimes a great cover just covers a really bad book and vice versa... but I suffer from evil librarian PTSD HERE is mine! http://cabingoddess.com/2012/03/musing-mondays-march-19

Kwizgiver said...

I admit I'm a cover snob. If the cover isn't great the book tends to sit in my TBR for a longer time.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz