March 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #19

By Should Be Reading!


















  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






She leaned into the tiny room, trying to remember where Mommy kept the Coke.
That was it on the shelf, wasn’t it? She darted over and stood on her tiptoes. Her fingers closed around a cool metal can.

“Chloe? Chloe!” It was Emily’s voice, but far away, shrill. Footsteps pounded across the floor overhead. “Chloe, where are you?”

Chloe dropped the can. It hit the concrete with a crack, then rolled against her foot, hissing and spitting, soda pooling around her slippers.

“Chloe, Chloe, where are you?” mimicked a voice behind her, like Emily’s, but not quite.

Chloe turned slowly.


The Summoning (Darkest Powers Trilogy #1) by Kelley Armstrong

So freaking scary!





13 kommenttia :

Michelle Chew said...

Ohhh!!! It's not Emily? Need to read the book to know who! Great teaser. Here's mine

Monaliz said...

Yup, no Emily! It's sososo scary, and basically the whole book starts with this scene. So no wonder I still haven't finish this, I'm just too scared! :D

Michelle Chew said...

It's a horror book? o_O Oh my gosh! It's got some good ratings at goodreads!

Monaliz said...

Guess it's not suppose to be horror, so I was quite surprised to be so scared :D

Michelle Chew said...

Means it's a book good enough to evoke such emotions. Definitely worth a read! Am I flooding your blog with comments? Haha

Monaliz said...

Always fun to have new comments, so just keep up the good work! :D

akmamma said...

I really love this book. It was one of the first Urban Fantasy YA Novels I had read. Adore it! Yes it is scaryHere's Mine! I have been dealing with a very sick manbeast so I went to something that was comfortable

Amy said...

Love that teaser! I so need to check this one out - it sounds great! Thank you for sharing! :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesdays-pure-by-jennifer-l.html

kimba88 said...

fantastic teaser..this one is on my wishlist!

rogier said...

same here

My TT

Sandy Nachlinger said...

Ooooh. Creepy. I've gotta read this one.
Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

Jo Jones said...

Love you Teaser Tuesday picture. Good teaser too. Here is mine:

http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-march-20-2012.html

Dalene Higgins said...

Wow! That's is amazing. I've seen that book before and now I'm even more intrigued. Here's My TT

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz