March 31, 2012

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade



The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Published: June 29th 2010
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Format : Paperback
Pages: 304
Series: #1
Source : Bought from Book Depository
Amazon | Book Depository



Alona Dare – Senior in high school, co-captain of the cheerleading squad, Homecoming Queen three years in a row, voted most likely to marry a movie star…and newly dead.

I’m the girl you hated in high school. Is it my fault I was born with it all-good looks, silky blond hair, a hot bod, and a keen sense of what everyone else should not be wearing? But my life isn’t perfect, especially since I died. Run over by a bus of band geeks—is there anything more humiliating? As it turns out, yes—watching your boyfriend and friends move on with life, only days after your funeral. And you wouldn’t believe what they’re saying about me now that they think I can’t hear them. To top it off, I’m starting to disappear, flickering in and out of existence. I don’t know where I go when I’m gone, but it’s not good. Where is that freaking white light already?


Will Killian – Senior in high school, outcast, dubbed “Will Kill” by the popular crowd for the unearthly aura around him, voted most likely to rob a bank…and a ghost-talker.

I can see, hear, and touch the dead. Unfortunately, they can also see, hear and touch me. Yeah, because surviving high school isn’t hard enough already. I’ve done my best to hide my “gift.” After all, my dad, who shared my ability, killed himself because of it when I was fifteen. But lately, pretending to be normal has gotten a lot harder. A new ghost—an anonymous, seething cloud of negative energy with the capacity to throw me around—is pursuing me with a vengeance. My mom, who knows nothing about what I can do, is worrying about the increase in odd incidents, my shrink is tossing around terms like “temporary confinement for psychiatric evaluation,” and my principal, who thinks I’m a disruption and a faker, is searching for every way possible to get rid of me. How many weeks until graduation?




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
I don't know what it is with me and the cheerleaders! In general, I can't stand them, but they usually do bring some (quality) action to books, so I find them irresistable. And when cheerleader dies and becomes a ghost, well, that's just the book I have to read!

As mentioned, Alona dies, becomes a ghost and since Will is some sort of "ghost whisperer", for the first time ever they have to actually talk to each other.

Will thinks Alona is the typical cheerleader; perfect on the outside, b*tch in the inside. And Alona thinks just as nice things about Will; some freakish goth lurking in the corners.

But after getting to know each other, they are both proven wrong. I think this was the best part of the book, when they actually get to know each other and learn their deepest and darkest secrets. I'm in love with their relationship, since it progress so naturally.
Well, if you can call a relationship between a living boy and a dead girl natural, of course.

We also have some "bad guys" hanging around, good stories usually have! Just so our main characters can join together in united front and eventually have some makeout sessions.. Me, a fan of makeout sessions, no way! ;)

Overall, if you want some good entertainment, this is right book for you! It's exciting with some humorous moments and romantic scenes between living boy and dead girl (may sound disgusting, but it's quite sweet, actually), and leaves you craving for more :)










4 kommenttia :

sarahdearnley747 said...

aww I really enjoyed this book, thought it was very funny and entertaining :) Glad you liked it, fab review

Monaliz said...

Thanks, good to hear since I've been having a major blockage in my writing :D

Denice Mae Cordero said...

I have just bought a copy of this in a book sale and not really sure what it's about... But now I have an idea so Thank you!!!

Monaliz said...

Glad to hear! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz