January 05, 2012

A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) by Veronica Blade




A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) by Veronica Blade

Expected publication: January 7th 2012
Publisher: Crush Publishing Ink
Format : Ebook
Pages: 155
Source : Review request from the author
Buy : Amazon




A Cinderella who spends her nights as a wolf. A prince with a taste for blood. This is more than your average fairy tale.

The Cinderella: Seventeen year old Cydney struggles against her werewolf nature, attempting to keep everyone around her safe.
She tries to carve out some semblance of a life, but can’t forget the boy she loved three summers ago — or what she did to him after losing control and shifting.
No way will Cydney risk exposing the beast at the prince’s ball, no matter how her two cousins try to persuade her.

The Prince: Turned into a vampire to save his life, the prince refuses to live up to his royal duties.
He just wants to find the girl he loved and lost...the werewolf girl who bit him. But his father, the king, commands him to attend a ball where he must choose a wife.
Can he find his Cinderella before he's forced to marry another?
He doesn’t even have her real name, much less a glass slipper.



*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
Fairy tale brought to modern world, how much do I love that! (In case you wonder, very much! I just watched A Cinderella story, Another Cinderella story and A Cinderella Story: Once upon a song)

This really isn't an ordinary Cinderella story. Cinderella is a werewolf. After a little accident, Prince is a vampire. Cinderella's cousins are the "two evil stepsisters", but it's a refreshing change to see that they're not that evil (though kind of mean and inconsiderate in occasions). And the "evil stepmother" isn't evil, either.

The story begins with Cinderella and Prince just hanging out. They don't use their real names, but that doesn't stop them from liking each other. Then Cinderella turns into werewolf for the first time, and that's when their paths separate.

Until years later, when it's time for the ball.

I just loved this story! There's romance, humor and happily ever afters, which I can't resist. I just have to quote few LOL- moments!

Well, I could put her in a container -- parts of her anyway.

But that would be gross.

I scrunched up my face. "Let's just say I hope you like guys who howl at the moon." "No, I don't", she hissed.

...


"Oh, c'mon. Could you really date a guy who gets that hairy? I bet they shed too, which means I could never wear black.

Either that or I'd go broke buying lint removers."

Everything was fluent, and even though you expect to know how the story goes, there's few surprises. This reminded me of my favorites, Hex Hall and Paranormalcy.
Just like them, I couldn't stop reading until I was finished. Which was too soon, since this was a novella. I just wanted to keep on reading, so another 155 pages would've been nice! So that's a small minus. There's no more down sides, though Cinderella might have been a little too whiny occasionally.
But maybe it's understandable, since she attacked a boy she loves and doesn't trust herself.

As said, I could have read another 155 pages, and would love to see more of Cinderella and Prince.



+ ½



Thanks again to author, Veronica Blade, for this book! I was not disappointed :)


Don't forget: Feyland: The Dark Realm giveaway is still on, check it out here!





Veronica Blade lives in Southern California with her husband and children.

By day she runs the family business, but each night she slips away to spin her tales.
She writes stories about young adults to relive her own childhood and to live vicariously through her characters.
Except her heroes and heroines lead far more interesting lives — and they are always way hotter.





Goodreads | Facebook | Homepage




7 kommenttia :

Veronica Blade said...

Wow! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words.

I find it interesting that

Veronica Blade said...

as I was saying before I hit the wrong button... I find it interesting that you mention Hex Hall and Paranormalcy. I LOVED those books!

Thanks again and happy reading!

Monaliz said...

I love them too, so your book found the right audience! :) They all have humor, romance, some action.. What's not to love :) I think I need to get "Something Witchy This Way Comes" and read it soon!

Thank you again for the book :)

Stepping out of the Page said...

Ooh this sounds really interesting! It sounds like a great book and I'm going to have to check this one out. I'll put it on my Goodreads to-read list now. Thanks!

Monaliz said...

Glad to hear that! :)

Mesa said...

This is the first review I read about this book! It sounds interesting! Great review!

Monaliz said...

That's always good to hear, hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz