January 09, 2012

Cover Crazy #15

Meme hosted by The Book Worms.


Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Anna, a tender-hearted southern girl, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people.
She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about.
If only someone had warned Anna.

A cross-country trip forces Anna and Kai to face the reality that hope and love are not options for their kind.
When it's time for Anna to confront her demons, will she choose to embrace her halo or her horns?

I LIKE
* Contrasts in colors.
* Love the dress!
* How there's good and evil, light and dark.
* Love the title placement.


I DON'T LIKE
* There might be even too much contrast?

14 kommenttia :

Kell said...

Ooh, I love the combination of red, black and white. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. :)

It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?
Cover Crazy
Musing Monday

pooja_sat said...

Such a gorgeouss cover! I love the red and black contrast! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you back :)

Monaliz said...

Thank you, that's awesome! :)

Gina/Scot Callaway said...

Black and red are always a bold statement. I like how the title is an oxymoron. The fog in the background adds an element of mystery. I hadn't seen this one before. Nice pick for this week.

Monaliz said...

I actually had to check the word "oxymoron", I was thinking that how can title be moron :D Good analysis! :)

Hannah McBride said...

I agree that there may be a bit too much contrast. The male's face is heavily shadowed ... but other than that? Gorgeous!

Stephenie Thomas said...

Wow! Gorgeous color but I have to agree. His face it too heavily shadowed.

margie c said...

I love the cover; and I think that the contrasting colors is lovely, very attractive to the eye :)

Monaliz said...

Exactly! Couldn't agree more :)

Vanya Drumchiiska said...

Hello there :) I love the cover, it feels kind of mysterious :)

New follower here :)
Stop by my blog if you like @ YA Story Teller

Monaliz said...

Thanks for stopping by! Followed you back :)

Herbie_no 53 said...

Love the contrasts between the two cover models and their backgrounds. It makes me intreged to find out what happens between them.

My Cover Crazy"

Lindsay said...

I talked about the same type of cover in my Cover Crazy post today... have a peek here

Lindsay :)

Reading Lark said...

I have not heard of this one or seen the cover before. I really like the models, but the contrasting colors in the background is distracting.

Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz