November 24, 2011

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White



Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Published: August 31st 2010
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format : Hardcover
Pages: 335
Series: Paranormalcy #1
Source : Borrowed from library
Buy : Amazon UK / Book Depository






synopsis




Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.



thoughts







*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
I wasn't a big fan of the cover, so I wasn't that excited to start reading this book. I mean, there's just some blond girl in a dress, with a barbie-arm, hanging in some hay. Yay.

Then I ran into this in library, and borrowed it, and I was surprised, when I noticed how good the book was! It was the same feeling I had when I first read Hex Hall #1. And the same thing happened, meaning I ordered book #1 and #2 right away! Now I'm just waiting for them to arrive..

It's really hard to start separating things I most liked in this book. I guess the best part was that the world in this book was unique, and haven't seen something exactly like that before! It's always so refreshing. And the humor. I'm sucker for it, as seen with the Hex Hall series.

Main character, Evie, was interesting and believable. She's working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, but she's still just a normal teenager, or at least that's what she thinks.. Well, anyway, I liked her! She's cute and want to do normal teenage stuff, like go to high school and have her own locker! And I could totally adopt her pink taser. Yeah, I have a lot of pink, so those pink things really weren't a problem for me, just made me like this book more!

I liked Lend's and Evie's relationship. It's cute. And apparently I like cute things..

Why I truly fell in love with this book was because of the plot. I didn't know what will happen in the end! That's the greatest part. I've read so many books that are basically all the same, there's no new thinking, no new kind of anything, so this was refreshing. It's rare to find really, really good books when there's so many books in the world! So I'm happy find this one, and can't wait for the second book!


Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide



Rating:



0 kommenttia :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz