November 21, 2011

Musing Mondays #5



A meme hosted by Should Be Reading!




This week’s musing asks…

How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven’t read before? What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision?

If I'm in library, I just go through shelves and pick books by name, after that I check the cover and then I read the blurb. And usually I only check books from the YA- shelves.

If I don't have time to go to library and randomly pick out books, I go to Goodreads, or go through blogs, and pick the books that sounds interesting. Many times I also check the overall rating and maybe read some reviews and then decide to read a book. But yet again, I always choose my reading because of the book, not author. Mostly I don't even remember the authors, just books/ series names.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!


2 kommenttia :

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

I always check out the YA section too (my son is 3-y-o so we're always in the kids' library). :)
Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

caite said...

I get recommendations from Library Thing and always check the new book section at the library
but fellow bloggers are probably my number one source of recommendations..like I need more books..lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz