November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #5



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My pick this week is:

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Release date November 15th 2011


In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she's spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can't be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country's only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

Why: This was actually published yesterday, but it's going to take me a while to get this, I'm sure. The synopsis sounds intriguing, which is why I want to read this!


9 kommenttia :

Giselle said...

I didn't like this one much but a lot of my friends did. Hope you're in the latter! :)

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Crystal (Book Snob) said...

OMG I'm so excited for this book! I pre-ordered it and I got it yesterday! Kimberly Derting is one of my favorite authors :) Great choice! Check out my WOW:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Celine said...

Great pick! Been seeing this one around and positive reviews. The summary is also very interesting! Thanks for stopping by and you have got to read Delirium before the sequel comes out! :)

mfay2 said...

I didn't know it was already published. Well, a day-ish. Awesome.

- Mary | Anxirium

Books For All Seasons said...

The cover looks nice. I've heard mixed feelings about the book. Hope you like it once you've read it. Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

New follower.

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Sam

Monaliz said...

I hope so too! And welcome, it's so good to have new readers! :)

Jennifer said...

I've this one on my wish list for months. It sounds really good.

Jump Into Books said...

great pick! i can't wait to read this book!

Sophia said...

I thought this book was pretty good! Hope you can get to it soon. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz