November 17, 2011

The Time Will Come #10



The Time Will Come is a meme hosted by Books for Company!






The Rules
* Pick a book from your bookshelf that you've had for a while and really can't wait to read, but haven't managed to get to yet.
* Put the details on your blog and head back over to Jodie's blog to fill in the Mr Linky.
* Go and visit some other bloggers who are joining in.


In my latest Top Ten Tuesday post I made a list with some of the books I haven't read from my bookshelf. Guess I could pick a classic from that list!

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien







J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy is a genuine masterpiece. The most widely read and influential fantasy epic of all time, it is also quite simply one of the most memorable and beloved tales ever told. Originally published in 1954, The Lord of the Rings set the framework upon which all epic/quest fantasy since has been built. Through the urgings of the enigmatic wizard Gandalf, young hobbit Frodo Baggins embarks on an urgent, incredibly treacherous journey to destroy the One Ring. This ring -- created and then lost by the Dark Lord, Sauron, centuries earlier -- is a weapon of evil, one that Sauron desperately wants returned to him. With the power of the ring once again his own, the Dark Lord will unleash his wrath upon all of Middle-earth. The only way to prevent this horrible fate from becoming reality is to return the Ring to Mordor, the only place it can be destroyed. Unfortunately for our heroes, Mordor is also Sauron's lair. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is essential reading not only for fans of fantasy but for lovers of classic literature as well.


This is my husband's book, and isn't really my taste, but this is a classic! Should read it sometime.


6 kommenttia :

Louisa said...

Yeah, it is a classic :) And I haven't read it either, my grandma said that it was make camp, sleep, get attacked, move, and repeat. Plus, I've seen all 3 movies (the extended ones) more then 3 times. So I think I'm good :) Hope you can read it soon!

Amber said...

I read through the entire series as a teen and it was slow going. There was just so much pointless detail and history (Tolkien being a historian and all) that it made a tough read. It's one of those things I'm glad I did but won't be tempted to do again.

SarahS said...

I have these books on my shelf too but I loved the movies!

Monaliz said...

My husband loves books filled with those pointless details and history, but I just can't stand them. I get way too distracted! And that is the main reason why I've never read these books..

BooksforCompany said...

I have to admit, haven't ever liked this on TV so don't think I will be reading it.
I hope you enjoy it, I bet it's huge?

Monaliz said...

Yeah, huge enough..! :D And I haven't watch the movies either, since they are so looooong. But maybe someday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz