November 28, 2011

Musing Mondays #6



A meme hosted by Should Be Reading!




This week’s musing asks…

Will you be buying books for the holidays, this year? If so, for whom, and why?

I'll probably buy some books both to my husband and daughter. Actually, I've already bought 3 books to my hubby and 4 to my daughter.. So there will be books! ;) I'm also wishing some books from Santa, I know he'll bring me a laptop and probably some books translated into Finnish, since my hubby only likes to buy books from our local stores.

I won't be buying books to anyone else, since there isn't really that much readers in my family. Or they do read sometimes, but 1. it's really hard to know the right book and 2. we usually only buy gifts for the children. Though this year I'm buying something to my little sister and brother, too, but it's an exception.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!


5 kommenttia :

caite said...

yes, knowing what book someone else would like is hard, I think. And what if they have already read it...a great gift but not one without issues.

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

I reallyhope Santa brings me a load of books too!
Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

Vicky said...

It is hard, that's why I usually get a book voucher instead of books. Which is quite impersonal, I know, but it's still better than getting something you probably won't like. :)

My MM post

Amy said...

Great question and even better answer! It's tough buying books for people sometimes, the only person I have figured out so far is my daughter. But she is two, so that's an easy one I guess. :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/musing-mondays-and-getting-back-into.html

Monaliz said...

Vicky: I would be thrilled to get a book voucher from someone, so I think that it would make a great gift! :)

Amy: My daughter's four, so that's quite easy, too. Meaning, any book with princess will do it! ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz