November 07, 2011

Musing Mondays #3



A meme hosted by Should Be Reading!




This week’s musing asks…

Other than for school, do you read books to learn how to do something? What was/were the topic(s)?

Well, that's a lot! I mean, huge amount of books! Because first I always want to know everything, before starting to practice. Here's the most important ones:

* Knitting. I learned to knit when I was around 7, but it was in school, so it sucked, since the yarns and needles were so bad. Then I started to read about it, I'm still learning new things, by reading of course!

* Programming. HTML, CSS, Java, C, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, C++... I've read tons of these books. Some because of school, but mostly For Dummies- books for my own pleasure!

* Drawing. Don't have inspiration for this one anymore, so..

* Photographing. Still don't have a good camera, but I learned something about using camera!

* Playing piano. Love it, but currently don't have piano. :(

* Crocheting. Do it sometimes, I'm not as good in this as in knitting, but at least I know how to do it.

Okay, those were the most important ones. Though there's a million other books about other stuff, but that would be a list way too long!


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! :)


3 kommenttia :

thebookjunkiesbookshelf said...

I learned how to further my knitting progress via reading too! I'm a big fan of ravelry.com. I'm not much of a crocheter I can do the basics but that's about it. I LOVE digital photography. I spent a lot of money on a really nice camera a couple years ago and I've been learning all I can on the subject.

Here's my MM post...

http://thebookjunkiesbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/monday-musings-1/

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

I've been learning to crochet too, but find it easier watching tutorial videos than reading and following photos...

Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

Monaliz said...

I'm a member of Ravelry, too. When I'm not in Goodreads, I'm in Ravelry! :) Surprisingly, my nick is monaliz in there, too.

And I'm dreaming about the day I get to buy a good camera, still haven't seen that day :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz